With Fall right around the corner, I figured that I would share a fun and easy kid’s craft to mark the change in seasons. These tissue paper stained glass windows will appeal to kids young and old. My 2.5 year old son made the pumpkin closest to the top and my 5 year old daughter made the rest. The results look great no matter the age of the child!
To make this craft, you will need:
- Black Adhesive Cardstock
- Contact Paper
- Tissue paper
This craft is straightforward to cut with your Silhouette. Here are a few pointers:
- Browse the Silhouette Online Store and select shapes that have a solid outline and are hollowed out.
- Cut the shapes as-is onto black adhesive cardstock.
- To cut the contact paper, select Cut Edge in the cut window. If the shape continues to show the inner parts with cut lines, select the shape and then in the object tab, select Release Compound Path. Now only the outline of the shape should show cut lines.
- When cutting tissue paper with your Silhouette, be sure to use the CAMEO Light Hold Cutting Mat.
Here is a picture of the parts that I cut with the Silhouette.
Now it is time to involve your child!
- Have the child place tissue paper all over the sticky side of the contact paper.
- Using scissors, trim off the excess tissue paper.
- Adhere the black adhesive cardstock on top of the contact paper.
That’s it! A really simple and pretty craft to make with your child or students!
Here are some more closeup shots of the tissue paper stained glass windows:
Have fun creating your own tissue paper stained glass windows!