Do I have any fellow lovers of all things Autumn out there? From the cooler temps to the gorgeous colors of Fall, sweaters and boots, apple picking and everything pumpkin, I’m so ready to welcome the new season. So, today I decided to share a sweet little DIY home décor project for Fall. It’s made entirely out of paper!
Here’s what you’ll need to create your own:
- Silhouette Chipboard
- Silhouette Adhesive Cardstock
- Regular Cardstock in Fall colors
- Paper Ribbon
- Paper Straws
- Glue gun/sticks
- All-Purpose Adhesive Glue
Let’s get to work!
- Start by cutting out all the pieces of the vase shape. The main pieces should be cut with the chipboard. The decorative pieces should be cut with the adhesive card stock. You can see I used the off-white for the main pieces and black for the lace trim and inner lip of the vase.
- When you go to the shape in the online store, a link is provided to the designer’s website, where she details exactly how to put together the vase. I found hot glue easiest to use since it holds (almost) instantaneously. It’s easier than it might look to put together and I love the little details of the black adhesive cardstock.
Now it’s time to make some pretty paper flowers!
- I set my page size to letter since that was the size of my cardstock, so I could lay out the flowers appropriately.
- Again, shapes like these give you a link to the designer’s site with instructions on assembly. It’s pretty straightforward for these. You just layer from smallest petals to largest, gluing the centers together and curling the petals as you go. I just use my fingers to do the curling. The center piece you kind of curl and bend to make it “stand” nicely.
- After they dry throughly, using a big dot of hot glue to attach the straw stems. You’ll have to hold for a minute or so until it sets so your stems stay upright. So fun, right?!
- Then just arrange them in your vase and tie a ribbon around the vase for an added pop of color!