Even thought the summer is nearly over, there’s still plenty of time to enjoy the outdoors. I’ve been working on our patio all summer and thought it would be fun to add some personality to solid outdoor pillows for our patio in the country.
I came up with a modern take on cows. It’s such a fun combination of fabric and smooth heat transfer.
- Silhouette CAMEO® or Silhouette Portrait®
- Silhouette Cutting Mat
- Silhouette Cutting Blade
- Silhouette Studio®
- Clean Cut Fusible Fabric Stabilizer
- Silhouette Smooth Heat Transfer – white
- Design ID #24209
- Design ID #50915
- Design ID #57870
To use clean cut fabric interfacing, cut your interfacing the size of your shape. Then, adhere to the fabric with an iron. (It only takes a few seconds.) When it’s attached, cut the fabric to the correct size and peel the backing away.
When running the fabric through your Silhouette, make sure you cut it down to fit between the rollers to avoid any bunching. For my Portrait, this made my max width about 7.5 inches.
- After cutting, peel away the excess fabric and you’ll be left with your shapes.
- Attach the fabric to the pillows with an iron. It only takes a few seconds.
- For a little extra pizazz, I added “moo” underneath in white smooth heat transfer. Then, I added a second pillow with a fun cow-inspired design.
It adds the perfect dose of fun to our outdoor space. And it was so simple!