I love banners and I love making them even more! I’m not always great at decorating for every holiday, but with one simple banner in my entry way I feel like it can make my whole house feel festive for any given holiday. When I found these Halloween key designs I just knew that they needed to be my next banner project! How cute are they?
I loved the designs so much that I wanted to keep things simple and really show the design, but just cardstock seemed a little too simple for some reason. So I decided to join together two Silhouette products to make the banner more fun. I used the adhesive cardstock for my first product and then the glitter and technique from the double sided adhesive kit for my second product.
- Cut the designs in a variety of sizes and colors out of the adhesive cardstock.
- Apply the glitter liberally to the adhesive side of the designs.
- Use the brush from the starter kit to make sure the glitter is applied evenly.
- Shake off excess glitter.
- Line up the keys to get the layout you want.
- Attach keys to a yarn using sewing thread.
- Hang the banner and enjoy it throughout the holiday season!
It’s as easy as that! I love having the contrast of the glitter and the cardstock as the keys spin around when they are hung.