Hello friends! Today I am going to show you all how to create some very cute Thanksgiving magnets using Silhouette Printable Magnet Sheets. I absolutely *LOVE* this specialty media. I think it is my new fave material to work with–sorry vinyl!
- Silhouette CAMEO® or Silhouette Portrait®
- Silhouette Printable Magnet Sheets
- “Turkey” (Design ID #64666)
- “Give Thanks” (Design ID #154825)
- “Keep Calm and Gobble On” (Design ID #101600)
Step One: Open A New Document
- Open up Silhouette Studio®.
- Open up the Design Page settings tab.
- Change the size of your virtual paper to match with the size of the printable magnet sheets.
In this case, we are sizing the page to 8.5 in x 11 in.
Step Two: Add registration marks
- Open up the registration marks tab as seen in arrow #1 above.
- Under the style tab, click on Type 1, which is the correct setting when you are using the CAMEO®, the Portrait®, or Curio™.
The registration marks will magically appear on your page. These registration marks will allow your machine to detect where to precisely cut the image. It truly is magic. For a more detailed post specifically on registration mark click here.
Step Three: Insert files, print, and prepare to cut
- Locate the files you want to use in your library. All of these files are available in the Silhouette Design Store.
- Align all of the files so that they are within the gridded area and inside of the Print Border–faint gray line surrounding the perimeter of the page.
- Following the instructions based on your computer and printer, print this page onto your magnet sheets!
Once you are done printing, open up the Cut Design tab (Arrow 1). Look for ‘Printable Magnet Sheet’ under the material type tab, arrow #2.
Once you have the cut settings figured out hit Send to Silhouette and it will begin to cut your magnets.
If you are having trouble with registration marks and need tips on how to troubleshoot, check out this post here.
Step Four: Remove magnets from mat and apply to desired area
When your CAMEO® is done printing, you will press the magnets out of the sheet and you will be left with some beautiful magnets to decorate your fridge with for Thanksgiving. The best thing about this project is that these magnets are small and easy to store away for next year! As someone who lives in a tiny apartment, I appreciate holiday decor that I can easily store for the years to come.
I hope you all have a very Happy Thanksgiving with your family and friends!