- Silhouette CAMEO® or Silhouette Portrait® or Silhouette Curio™
- Silhouette Cutting Mat
- Silhouette Cutting Blade
- Silhouette Studio®
- Cardstock or whatever medium you plan to cut your shape out of
Step One: Design The Snowflake
- In Silhouette Studio®, create a new document and use the Line and Ellipse tools as shown below.
- Use the Replicate panel to save time by mirroring and replicating the lines and circles. (Tip: holding the Shift key down while you draw your lines will make them perfectly straight. You can do the same thing to create perfect circles too.)
- Group everything together. To do so, select the entire shape and right click with your mouse. Then select Group.
- Now, thicken your lines with the Line Style tool. You will want to thicken the line until the center of the circle completely disappears.
- Finally, trace the shape, and cut.
- And you’re done! I used my snowflakes to create festive faux wax seals.
How will you use your newly designed snowflakes?