I am the one and only cook in the family, and I think that if you are too, you deserve a little love! This “Kiss the Cook” kitchen cutting board decor idea is both practical and the perfect addition to the heart of your home! I chose the Silhouette chalkboard vinyl for this purpose because I love the durability of it, and since this will be wiped down a lot it was a great pairing for me! This is a really sweet gift idea too for the cook in your life!
- Silhouette CAMEO®
- Silhouette Cutting Mat
- Silhouette Cutting Blade
- Silhouette Studio®
- Silhouette Vinyl – Chalkboard
- Silhouette Hook Tool
- Silhouette Transfer Tape
- Cutting board
- Design ID #185737
Step One: Locate “Kiss the Cook” Design
- After purchasing the monogram in the Silhouette Design Store, locate Design ID #185737 by locating the design in your library. Double-click it to bring the design into Silhouette Studio®.
- Now that the design is pulled up, you can adjust your size according to your cutting board shape. We sized ours at 4.5 inches wide by 5 inches tall.
Step Two: Cut the “Kiss the Cook” Design
- When you open the Send tab, everything the CAMEO will cut will be highlighted in red.
- Choose “Vinyl, Chalkboard” from the menu and adjust your blade to the recommended depth. Load the vinyl into the CAMEO and click Send.
Step 3: Prepare and Apply the Graphic
- When the CAMEO is finished cutting, weed away the excess vinyl.
- With the help of transfer tape (yay!), carefully apply the monogram to your cutting board.
I hope you all love and make this adorable kitchen decor! Don’t forget to kiss the cook! A little help in the kitchen goes a long way! Thankfully, I’ve got two kids who love to help…and make a big mess too!