It’s time to start preparing for Christmas! Today we will tell you how to make this cute DIY Holiday Tree Gift Box. Let’s get started!
- Silhouette CAMEO® or Silhouette Portrait® or Silhouette Curio™
- Silhouette Cutting Mat
- Silhouette Cutting Blade
- Silhouette Studio®
- Design ID #102412
- Design ID #59832
Step One: Preparing the Design
- In Silhouette Studio®, open and ungroup your Tree Card design (Design ID #102412) in a new document.
- Remove the card shape, and color the tree in black. To color the tree, go to the Fill panel (right-hand side of the screen).
- Change the color of the tree lines to black in the Line Style panel, which is located on the right-hand side of the screen.
- Merge your Box and Flower Tags design (Design ID #59832) into the same file. Delete flower, circle, and “thanks” text. Put aside the bottom of the box and place the top of the box (the top of the box is the one with the smaller tabs) in the print/cut area.
- Use the rectangle tool to draw a square the same size as the top of your box.
- Change the square lines color to black and thicken the lines to 3 pt. To change thickness and color of the line, go to the Line Style panel by clicking on Line style icon, which is located on the right-hand side of the screen.
- Resize the tree and place it in the middle of the box. To center tree in the square, you need to go to the Transform panel by clicking on Transform icon, which is located on the right-hand side of the screen. Select the tree and the square, and click on an icon that looks like a target in the Transform panel.
Step Two: Cutting Out the Box
- Click on the registration mark icon located along the upper right-hand toolbar and select a style of registration marks. You will note that there are now crosshatched areas on three corners of your work space. Make sure that your design does not overlap into the crosshatched area or else your Silhouette will have trouble reading your registration marks.
- Once your design is ready to go, print your job to your regular printer by clicking on the Print icon in Silhouette Studio®.
- Load your printed material into your Silhouette using a cutting mat. Select “Cardstock, Plain” from the material list in the Send panel and adjust your blade accordingly (unless you use the CAMEO 3 or Portrait 2 with the AutoBlade, which adjusts automatically).
- In the Action by section, choose Line, and check the box next to the red lines to cut the red lines only.
- Click “Send” and your Silhouette will begin scanning the page for the printed registration marks. After the registration marks are found, the Silhouette will proceed to cut as usual. (If your Silhouette is having trouble finding the registration marks, use the blue arrows in Silhouette Studio® to manually move the blade over the black square.)
- Unload your material and remove from the cutting mat.
- In Silhouette Studio®, put aside the top of the box design and place the bottom of the box design on the page.
- Turn off the registration marks.
- Load your cardstock into your Silhouette using a cutting mat. Select “Cardstock, Plain” from the list of materials in the Send panel and adjust your blade accordingly (unless you use the CAMEO 3 or Portrait 2 with the AutoBlade, which adjusts automatically).
- Click Send, and your Silhouette will begin cutting the cardstock.
- Unload your material and remove it from the cutting mat.
Step Three: Assembling the Box
- Assemble your box by folding at the dashed lines and gluing the tabs.
Now all you need to do is add your pretty gift to the box and put it under the tree!