It’s finally October! We don’t know about you, but this is one of the holidays that we use our machines the most on. Whether it’s making wreaths, banners, or costumes, our machine is working day-in and day-out. One of the many things we created was this trick-or-treat candy bag. Ditch the pillowcase this year and make this instead!
- Silhouette CAMEO® or Silhouette Portrait® or Silhouette Curio™
- Silhouette Heat Transfer – White
- Silhouette Heat Transfer – Orange
- Silhouette Glitter Heat Transfer – Lavender
- Canvas Bag
- Design ID #223776
Step One: Set Up Your Design
- Select the Page Setup Icon located on the toolbar on the right-hand side of your page. Adjust your width and height to 12 inches by 12 inches. We are using the CAMEO, if you are cutting with another machine set the width and height to compliment the dimensions of your machine’s workspace.
- Locate Design ID #223776 in your library and double-click to open the design in Studio.
- Measure the area of what you’d like to place your design on. For this design, we chose to place it on the front of a canvas bag which measured around 13 inches wide. We made our design 10.5 inches wide.
Step Two: Cutting A Design by Color
- Because this design is already filled in with color, it will make it simple to cut by color. This is something that you’re able to do with any cutting machine. First things first, click Send in the upper right-hand corner.
- Below the Send icon, you will see 4 options listed. The ‘Action By’ determines how you would prefer your machine to cut things out. Select Fill and a new menu will appear. When selecting the fill tab you are communicating that you would like your machine to only cut when is filled in with a particular color. For example, when orange is selected you are communicating that only the dots should be cut.
- Change the material of each color to reflect the materials you are using. For the purple spider webs, we chose to cut that out of Glitter Heat Transfer as opposed to the Smooth.
- Next, add a Pause in between each color. This is important because your machine will wait until you tell it to begin the next cut. Because we are changing out colors and materials you will need a minute or two to trade out your materials.
- Start by cutting out what’s in purple. Load your Heat Transfer into your machine matte side up and adjust your blade setting if needed. When you are ready, hit Send. A window will appear asking if you would like your image to be mirrored, make sure to say YES!
- After your purple design is cut, unload your machine and load in the next material you are using. Keep alternating materials in and out of your machine until all colors have been cut. While your machine is cutting, weed the rest of your cut designs to prepare it for ironing.
Step Three: Iron On The Heat Transfer
- Just like with the cutting process, you will want to cut add each color at a time. Start by placing your purple Heat Transfer down on our bag and iron on until completely adhered.
- Next place the White Heat Transfer down and iron it on until completely adhered. Remember, when adding or layering Heat Transfer it is important to always keep the Heat Transfer covered by cloth or plastic transfer sheet when ironed on. If not, you risk ruining your iron.
- Lastly, place the White Heat Transfer down and iron it on until completely adhered. Remember, when adding or layering Heat Transfer it is important to always keep the Heat Transfer covered by cloth or plastic transfer sheet when ironed on. If not, you risk ruining your iron.
- Once all the pieces of your designs have been adhered to your bag, you are ready to take it door-to-door to collect yummy treats!