Looking for a fun project for kids? Look no further than this shadow puppet theater to delight little ones. Using Adhesive Cardstock to decorate the theater makes this project a snap (and easy for little hands to help), and the CAMEO can cut out just about any shape for the puppets. We stuck with a woodland theme, but the possibilities are endless for characters for storytelling. So get your supplies ready to put together an exciting show!
- Silhouette Vellum
- Black Cardstock
- Silhouette Adhesive Cardstock in Yellow Green & Sea Mist
- Craft knife
- Hot glue gun
- Wooden Skewers
- Silhouette CAMEO®
- Silhouette Studio®
- Design #1827
- Design #4396
- Design #33677
- Design #80812
- Design #98362
Step One: Make the Theater
- Cut an opening in the bottom of the shoebox, leaving just enough space for a frame around the edges. For my box, I cut an opening approximately 5 in. x 8 in. for the theater with a craft knife.
- Cut a piece of Yellow Green Adhesive Cardstock on the CAMEO to cover the bottom of the box, with a matching cutout.
- Place the piece of Vellum (trimmed to be slightly larger than the opening) over the cutout, then peel off the backing and stick the cardstock on the box.
- Cut out the decorative frame from Sea Mist Adhesive Cardstock and stick it on top, once again aligning the cutouts.
- Pick one side to be the top. Cut a slit along the top of the box for the puppets.
Step Two: Make the Puppets
- Cut puppets out of black cardstock using the CAMEO. I stuck to a woodland theme using Design #1827, Design #4396, Design #33677, Design #80812, and Design #98362.
- Using a few drops of hot glue, glue the wooden skewers to the puppets.
Set up your show with a flashlight on behind the box and bring your puppets to life!