“Please take my hand. I give it to you as a gesture of friendship and love, and of faith freely given. I give you my hand and welcome you into my dream.”—Wonder Woman, #167
Now you and Wonder Woman can join hands in the form of an ultra-snazzy and SUPER manicure. Create your own custom-designed Wonder Woman™ logo vinyl decal, and feel her power at your fingertips.
You Will Need:
- Silhouette CAMEO®
- Silhouette Metallic Vinyl – 12-inch Gold
- Design ID #202721
- Design ID #27272
- Nail polish (gold, yellow, red, blue, or white)
- Silhouette Transfer Tape
STEP ONE: DESIGN NAIL DECAL
(1) Open the Wonder Woman™ Design ID #202721 from the Silhouette Design Store.
(2) Open the Transform Panel to scale and resize the design to a width of .5 in. (make sure the aspect ratio is locked—that’s the little lock icon).
Tip: If you want to make more than one of your custom designs, open the Replicate Panel and create as many as you need.
STEP TWO: ADD OTHER DECALS
For my nails, I wanted a mix of designs. That led me back to the Silhouette Design Store. If you search “star,” you’ll find a bunch of fun premade stars to choose from. I chose one that I felt was Wonder Woman-ish: Design ID #27272. I thought an arch shape would fit my design well.
(1) Open the design.
(2) Right click and select Ungroup.
(3) Select the stars and using the green rotate dot turn point up.
(3) Arrange the stars into an arch shape with the largest star in the center.
(4) Select the two smaller stars, open the Transform panel, and align vertical, then right click and “group”.
(5) Select all three stars, open the Transform panel, and align horizontal, then right click and “group”.
(6) Open the Replicate panel and make as many decals as you want (It’s decal party time!)
(7) Open the Send Panel, select your material (mine is Gloss Vinyl), check your blade settings, load your vinyl, and cut.
(8) Weed or peel away the extra vinyl that is not part of the design. (This will make it easier to peel off and apply the decal later.)
STEP THREE: PREPARE YOUR NAILS
(1) Give your hands a relaxing mini-spa treatment (you deserve it).
(2) Trim and shape your nails.
(3) Gather your nail polish. (Typical Wonder Woman™ colors include red, yellow, blue, white, and gold.)
Tip: It is helpful to have a design plan for your nails before you apply polish. I sketch mine out on a piece of paper so I know what color and what decal to grab when I have wet nails. Smudges from indecision, or forgetting what design you were trying to create, are the enemy.
(4) Paint the base colors for your designs (I choose red), and allow to COMPLETELY dry. (I didn’t at first, and vinyl wouldn’t stick to my polish. Oops.)
STEP FOUR: APPLY DECALS
(1) Peel off your decal from its backing.
(2) Apply the transfer tape to your decal. (I found it helpful to stick the transfer tape to my hand a couple of times, or my shirt. It’s a little tricky to get the decal off the transfer tape and onto the nail, especially if the transfer tape is very sticky.)
(3) Apply the decal your nail. (and a little bit of sparkle polish if you’re sassy!)
(4) Paint a clear top coat on your nail to protect your design.
It was so much fun playing around with all of my new decals. Paint your nails and feel the power of Wonder Woman™ for yourself!