We are very proud to announce the release of Silhouette Studio® Version 4.0. While it did take countless hours of Beta testing to get to this point, the extra wait was worth it! Let’s take a look under the hood and see what makes this major update to Silhouette Studio® so special!
New Look and Feel
Silhouette Studio® has gotten a face-lift! Below are some of the highlights of the new interface.
- New theme options, including a darker theme to prevent eye strain
- Better multitasking, with detachable, floating panels
- Easier navigation panel for sending projects to your Silhouette
- Dynamic top toolbar to give you quick access to commonly-used tools
New Tracing Tools in Designer Edition
Tracing in Silhouette Studio® has never been easier, with some all-new tracing options:
Trace by Color
- Trace all objects sharing the same color
- Perfect for tracing simple designs with only a few different colors
- Great for tracing detailed images, such as photographs
- Allows the user to follow the edge of an object with various colors in the background
V4 includes a library of animated, step-by-step guides which we call “Walk-Through Tutorials”. These tutorials teach users how to perform a number of operations in Silhouette Studio®, such as replicating objects, performing a Print & Cut, tracing images, and much more. Additional tutorials will be made available via the Silhouette Cloud.
Barcode Scanning Feature in Business Edition
For our Business Edition customers, we have a new barcode feature. With this tool, a barcode is printed onto your project. Then, your project may be scanned and cut without having to pull up the file (or even having to own the file, if it is stored in the Cloud Library!), saving time and effort.
New project start-up options
Optional new document startup found under the File menu which allows you to quickly start new project types (i.e. blank document, card, Print & Cut, PixScan™, etc). Depending on the document type selected, the program will automatically open appropriate panels.
Object on Path feature
Found in the “Replicate” panel, this option allows you to replicate images around the path of another object.
- Faster Start-Up: Silhouette Studio V4.0’s initialization time is 44% faster, on average, than V3.8. More improvements will come in updates to V4.
- More Stable: Silhouette Studio V4.0 experiences 64% fewer crashes than V3.8. In several month’s time, we hope that the crash rate will see an order of magnitude improvement or more.
- Eraser Tool Performance: The eraser tool is 68% faster in V4, on average. Again, we’d like to see even more improvement to this tool as we roll out updates to V4.
As you can see, Silhouette Studio V4 brings additional power and tools to your fingertips, and updating is free!
Try it out here
Note for users updating from V3.6 or lower: In order to experience the smoothest experience possible, please follow these instructions to prepare your library before updating.