It’s never too early to start thinking about Christmas. Especially if you’re like me and enjoy putting a handmade touch on everything you gift. I used this week’s free design by StudioIlustrado to jazz up some fabric gift bags in a mater of minutes.
To make these you’ll need:
- fabric gift bags
- green and yellow sketch pens
- printable cotton canvas
- First you’ll want to ungroup your design. Change the line color of the star to yellow and the tree to green.
- Select the entire design and open the offset window. Create an offset line that goes around the design. Change the line color of the offset line to red.
- Now the design is ready to be sketched and cut out. Since Curio can hold two tools at once (yay!) you’ll notice a few changes to the cut settings window. The red and blue circles under “Tool” show you where to place the right tool for your project.
- You can find matching red and blue circles on the top of the tool carriages in case you get lost. Did you know Curio has two tool storage slots on each side of the machine? I love this since it keeps all of Curio’s fun tools in one place.
- Adjust your material and blade types as usual. The green and yellow lines should be sketched, and the red line should be cut. Since we’re using more than two tools, you’ll want to add a pause in the middle of your project. Simply right click and and add a pause where you need it. It’ll pause the Curio once the sketch pens are done and allow you to switch to the blade and cut the printable cotton canvas.
Once everything is sketched and cut, just peel the design off of the printable cotton canvas and place it on the gift bag. It’s a great choice for small fabric projects like this since it’s flexible yet sticks well.
Won’t these be great to fill with holiday goodies? Since the bag is reusable it’s practically a bonus gift!