My children make my heart full of joy and thankfulness so I created this layout using a few shapes from the Silhouette Design Store.
Here’s a close-up of the print & cut leaves! I love how they turned out!
I used the Print & Cut feature on my layout and just love how easy & simple it is to do.
- First, I chose the leaf shape that I wanted to use
- then I went into the Fill Pattern window & selected a pattern I liked (You can purchase more patterns from the Design Store)
- you simply click on your shape and then click on the pattern and it will automatically fill that shape with the selected pattern
Then head into the Design Page Settings window
- After filling the designs with pattern I make sure that my paper size is set to 8.5 ” x 11″ (because that’s the size of the paper I will be using & what fits in my printer)
- click on Style & select CAMEO from the drop down menu
I wanted to bring the bottom margin up a bit so all you have to do is slide the Bottom Inset bar until you’ve reached the desired spot.
Then it’s time to send it to the printer (icon is on the top menu bar to the left side). Make sure your paper is ready in your printer and let the work begin.
Once the leaves are printed it’s time to cut them out.
- Place your paper onto the cutting mat and place it into the your machine.
- Head to the Cut Settings window and select Cut, then the type of paper you are using. I chose Printable Adhesive Cardstock. You then need to make sure your blade is changed to the desired number.
- When that’s done Send to Silhouette and the machine will read the registration marks and start cutting your beautiful printed leaves!
My next step was to cut out the wreath design. I chose to use some Adhesive Corrugated Kraft paper – I love this stuff!!
- I opened the design up in Silhouette Studio. The design fits a 12″ x 12″ space but the paper size I was using is 8. 5″ x 11″ so I had to do something about that.
- First I clicked on the Fill Color window and selected NO FILL for the shape.
Then I went into the Design Page Settings and changed the paper size to 8.5″ x 11″. Now you can see how the design will not fit on the page. So decided that I would use the knife tool to cut it in half.
The knife tool is on the left side bar .
- I selected a solid cut (see bottom right menu) and then carefully used the cursor to ‘cut’ through the design at the top and bottom. I knew that I could cover these places up if they didn’t line up perfectly later.
Once you’ve cut the design you can then move it around. In order to do this I flipped the right side of the design horizontally. This way I could move both shapes until they fit nicely on the page. I then cut them out of the kraft corrugated paper.
For the base of my layout I wanted to add a bit of interest so I decided that I would make some faux stitch marks in each corner of the white card stock using the Silhouette Sketch Pens.
I placed the wreath design centred on the page and then make some lines in each corner. I chose a dashed style line to give that faux stitch look.
I removed the wreath design from the page and then loaded my white paper & mat into the CAMEO.
I then selected NO CUT in the Cut Settings window and chose Silhouette Sketch Pens from the drop down menu. *remember to change the blade to the sketch pen*
I then hit Send to Silhouette and the sketching began. It’s such a lovely sound and only takes a short time!
My last step was to cut out the title. I used some Silhouette Adhesive Backed Cardstock and cut out the word “Thankful.”
I used foam squares to adhere the title to my page for added dimension.
Now everything was cut & ready to assemble!!
I carefully placed the wreath onto the white background , lining up the cut ends.
I then layered the printed leaves at the bottom of the page and added a button & twine for added texture.