The first day of autumn is less than two weeks away and when I think fall, I think pumpkins. How cute are these pumpkin straw toppers? With a few simple changes, a 3d pumpkin from the Silhouette Design Store will fit perfectly on a paper straw, making these orange beauties perfect for any fall gatherings you might be planning! Scroll on down for all the pumpkin perfect details.
Here’s what you will need to recreate these pumpkin straws.
- Design #33590 (HERE)
- Orange Card Stock
- Green Card Stock
- Fall Colored Paper Straws
- Glue Gun
- Start by opening design #33590 in Silhouette Studio.
- Size down the pumpkin design to 5.6 inches tall by 3.7 inches wide.
- Now since this 3d pumpkin wasn’t meant to be a straw topper, you will need to change the sizes of all the circles. The standard size of most paper straws is about .26 and if you look real close at the picture above, you can see that’s what I sized mine to.
- The circles on the leaves will also need to be sized to .26 to fit around the straw.
- Cut the pumpkin design from orange card stock and the leaves from green card stock.
- I also cut long, quarter inch strips (wide) of green card stock to make curlicue’s for the tops of the pumpkins.
- Assembling is easy! Starting with the bottom of the pumpkin, poke the straw through each hole, making a sphere.
- The leaves simply slide on over the pumpkin and the green curlicue is secured with a teeny-tiny dab of hot glue.
I can’t wait for fall to finally be here! This is my favorite time of year to craft! My Silhouette has been preparing itself all year for these coming months haha. What fall projects are you most excited for? If you’re in need of some autumn inspiration, the Silhouette Design Store is jam pack with fall goodness.