Printable gold foil continues to be a favorite of mine. Its ability to be both beautiful and sturdy makes it an excellent choice for today’s kids craft. We will be using Silhouette’s amazing Print & Cut feature to make these sheriff badge stickers so be sure to have your printer nearby.
- Once you’ve opened up both designs in Silhouette Studio®, ungroup them and delete the designs that won’t be used.
- Leave the star as it is, but fill in the other designs with black.
- Resize the star until it is the size you need. Mine is 2.7 in. x 2.4 in.
- Resize the rest of the designs to fit inside the star. Stretch out the word “sheriff” to give it some added height.
- To create the extra flourish design you’ll right click to select “Duplicate” then right click again to “Flip Vertically”.
- Make sure that your page settings are set to “Letter” and your registration marks are turned on. If you don’t need to use the whole sheet of printable gold foil you can adjust the lowest registration mark to print higher. You can do this easily by adjusting the “Bottom Inset.”
- Once everything looks good, print it on the printable gold foil using your home printer.
- Place the sheet on your cutting mat and load it into your CAMEO or Portrait. In the “Cut Settings” window select only the red lines to be cut. Make sure “Printable Foil” is chosen as the material type.
- I wanted the printable gold foil to be cut completely through so I made some adjustments by changing the blade to 10 and selecting “Double Cut”. Now the badges should be ready to cut.
The adhesive on the printable gold foil adheres really well to clothing, but is easy to peel off at the end of the day. I much prefer these over the flimsy clip on ones you’ll find at the store.
These gold foil sheriff badges are so fun and shiny! You could even personalize them by adding your child’s name. I think they’d make unique party favors, don’t you?