One of my very favorite holidays is right around the corner, the 4th of July. I love getting together with family, watching fireworks and celebrating our great country. But what’s the 4th of July without am awesome BBQ?! How cute would these ice cream cone wrappers be, for said BBQ, displayed by a big ol’ bucket of vanilla? A quick and simple party decoration that can be conjured up in no time.
What you will need to recreate these ice cream cone wrappers.
- Silhouette Design #11567 & #76815
- Red, White or Blue Card Stock (the thinner the better or it’s hard to wrap around the sugar cone)
- Sugar Cones
- Glue Stick or Tape
- Ice Cream (of course)
- Start by opening the scalloped cone design in Silhouette Studio. For the tip of the sugar cone to poke out, you will need to cut off the bottom of the cone by drawing a circle and then subtracting it. To do this, select both the cone and the circle shape, then opening the modify window, select subtract. If you haven’t played with the modify icons, DO! They are awesome!
- Next I added stars to the cone, just willy nilly.
- Cut your design and wrap it around the sugar cone securing it with the smallest dap of glue stick or tape.