Do you have a graduation coming up in your family? Those grads definitely deserve a big bash for all their hard work, and these graduation cap paper straws are absolutely the perfect accessory for said big bash. Making these mini caps is as easy as 1,2,3 and I can’t stand how cute those mini tassels are!
- Start by opening design #59831 in Silhouette Studio. As you can see I only used two elements from the design and I added a simple circle to the middle of the main square, for the straw to stick through.
- The main square is sized down to 2 inches long and 2 inches wide, and the long black strip, which makes the circle of the cap, is sized down to about 4.5 inches long and 1 inch wide.
- Once you’re happy with how things look, cut your design on black card stock.
- I assembled my cap using hot glue to attach the circle base and square top.
- Stick the paper straw through the center of the cap and now you can add the mini tassel, which I made using yellow embroidery thread.
Viola! Probably the cutest straws I’ve ever made and they definitely pack a punch in the fun category as well. Pairing these with all the other great stuff the Silhouette Store has to offer for graduation decor, planning your grad a big graduation bash couldn’t be easier.