If you love parties as much as I do, you’ve definitely seen these ice cream (you scream), wooden party spoons. Unfortunately, they get a little pricey (insert frowny face here), so here’s an idea, how about recreating your own? To sweeten the deal, customizing these pretty party spoons with your parties color palette or even a name, is made super simple with Silhouette’s stencil vinyl.
Here’s what you will need to recreate these party spoons.
- Silhouette Stencil Vinyl (HERE)
- Wooden Ice Cream Spoons
- Craft Paint
- Sponge Paint Brush
- First you will need to create some simple patterns in Silhouette Studio, simply using circles and rectangles.
- I put a box around each design (reference above) so that I would have individual stencils for each spoon.
- Follow the directions on the packaging of the stencil vinyl for loading it into your machine and for cutting.
- Transfer the stencils onto the included transfer tape and now you’re ready to apply the stencil to the wooden spoons. Make sure after applying, that you have smoothed out all the air bubbles and that the stencil is nice and stuck.
- Begin to apply a couple coats of craft paint to each wooden spoon/stencil.
- Allow the paint to dry and remove the stencil vinyl. Viola.
What makes the stencil vinyl so nice is that all the lines came out crisp and clean, with absolutely NO bleeding. If the stencil vinyl intimidates you (which I’ll admit, at first I was like, oh no), Silhouette made a great how-to video HERE, that will definitely boost your confidence in using this ah-mazing product.