Little ones grow way too fast. Remembering to document all that growth is made a little bit easier with these monthly onesie stickers. Just stick one onto a onesie and snap a quick pic. Silhouette’s printable canvas is ideal to use for these stickers since it’s sturdy and looks terrific when placed on fabric.
To create your own:
- Open the design in Silhouette studio and resize until each circle is as large as you want. Each of mine are about 4″ in diameter.
- Change your paper size to letter and turn on the registration marks.
- Ungroup the designs. Work on the one month sticker by selecting the outer circle. Open the offset window and create an offset with a distance of 0.100″.
- Change the line color of the outer circle you just created to black. This will make it easier to select when cutting later. Repeat this process with each month.
- Arrange the designs on your cutting area. I was able to carefully fit three stickers on each page.
- Print the page on a sheet of Silhouette’s printable cotton canvas.
- Place the printed page on your cutting mat. In Silhouette Studio, go to the cut settings window and select the advanced cut mode. Under cut order, click on line color and make sure only the red one is checked. This should be the inner circle. Select printable cotton canvas under material type and send it to your Silhouette to begin cutting. Don’t remove the cutting mat from your machine yet.
- Open up the cut settings window again, but this time select the black line only. This should be the outer circle your created with the offset. This time I want to cut all the way through the paper so I’m going to select a thicker material type. The setting for corrugated paper with a double cut worked for me. You might have to play around with this since your results are going to vary depending on the sharpness of your blade.
- Remove the stickers from the cutting mat. Peel off the circle of canvas around the edge. This makes the sticker easier to remove when you need it.
Print and cut as many monthly onesie stickers as you need. If you’d like to make a set that goes up to a full year you can find the design for the 7-12 month labels here in the Silhouette Design Store.
These monthly onesie stickers would make a thoughtful gift for a new baby. One of the benefits of using stickers is that they can be placed on any shirt that fits at the time.
How will you use Silhouette’s printable cotton canvas?