The printable gold foil is quickly becoming a favorite of mine. It is incredibly shiny and beautiful! It also cuts like a dream, leaving me with crisp lines every single time. Pair it with chipboard for added strength and plastic gemstones for extra sparkle to create this regal crown.
- Once you’ve opened the crown design in Silhouette studio, right click on it to release the compound path. Delete the star and diamond shapes from the crown. Reselect the whole crown design and right click to make it a compound path again.
- Cut the crown pieces from chipboard and printable gold foil.
- Carefully adhere each piece of printable gold foil to the matching chipboard shape. I love that this step doesn’t involve any messy glue!
- Now the crown is ready to be decorated. Stick on the plastic gemstones using a bit of glue. Try to avoid using large gemstones around the bottom because of how the crown will curve.
- Allow enough time for the glue to dry completely. Connect the two pieces of the crown together using the adjustable slots.
Now you have a stunning crown fit for any royal.