Hi everyone! I’m here with you today sharing the new FREE Design of the week. It’s super fun and has many options for you to play with! It’s a cut file but also a sketch one!
- Open up the file (you will notice several different designs to use).
- Ungroup the image.
- I chose to use the sketched hearts as the main element on my layout and then resized it to fill my page up a bit.
- The image is all grouped together so you need to ungroup the design and then you will see all little hearts are separated.
- Go to the Sketch window and select Pencil.
- I chose to fill in some of the hearts with a diagonal sketch design.
- So …. In the Sketch window & click on each heart individually and fill them in pencil. You will also need to play around a bit with the spacing.
- Then go into the Line Color window and change the colour of each filled in heart. I chose blue.
- Once you’ve done this you are now able to use your sketch pens and start sketching the design onto your paper.
- I chose a light blue colour for the inside of the hearts and a pink for the sketched outline of the hearts.
- Go into the Cut Settings window and under Cut Mode select Advanced.
- Under the box Cut Order select the Line Color option. You will then see some little coloured boxes the same colours as your design. Click on one at a time and then go down to Material type and select Sketch Pens.
- Once you’ve done that you will then Right Click on the coloured boxes and select the option to pause. Do this with both of your coloured boxes. This allows the machine to stop sketching after it’s finished with that particular colour and you can then change your sketch pen to a different colour. Then resume sketching.
Here’s an image after it finished sketching the filled in blue hearts.
… And after it finished sketching the heart shape outlines.
- Once it’s finished sketching DO NOT remove your mat from the machine.
- You will then drag the large heart shape outline (I had to resize mine to fit the sketch design). Place it around the sketched hearts.
- Then in the Cut window select the sketched hearts design and click on NO CUT.
- Now select the heart outline and click on CUT.
- I then decided to mat this white heart shape onto a piece of colored card stock so I took that heart outline and opened up the OFFSET window.
- Then cut this out. Adhere this to the back of the white sketch heart design.
(I added some drops of glimmer mist and inked the edges of the heart just to add some definition and colour).
- I then cut out the ‘xoxo’ design and matted it onto the background shape (in red).
- I used some Silhouette corrugated paper to cut out some hearts. These hearts were just resized from the larger heart shape.
Here’s some close up pictures.
(and yes! …. I see that typo!! Grrr! Let’s say it’s a friendly reminder to everyone to proof-read before printing! 🙂 )
Thanks for stopping by and I hope you have fun with this FREE design!