I love using shapes from the Silhouette Design Store to create my own background patterns for my scrapbook layouts.
Today, I want to share with you how I created the background for this page out of border strips!
Creating a background like this one is super easy and can be done over and over again – change up the shape and you change the result! With so many shapes available, the possibilities are endless
1) Choose a border to create into a background design. I chose the bottom of this “Scallop Circle Border Set”.
2) Draw a square measuring 11 ½”x 11 ½” and center to the page.
3) Increase the size of your border piece so that it overlaps the large rectangle. If you want the border smaller, you can resize and duplicate the shape also. Select the shape and select Make Compound Path in the MODIFY option.
4) Duplicate your border shape until it fills the large rectangle. Make sure that you move each border up slightly to overlap with the previous shape so it can be welded into one shape.
5) Select all the shapes and in the MODIFY option, select CROP and you will notice that the outer rectangle has been removed and you are left with a background!
The best thing about this – if you cut it out of Adhesive backed cardstock, filling in the border shapes is so easy!
Just cut some small circle from scraps of paper and add behind the circles. All that is left to do is embellish with a few more cut shapes !