Can you believe that it is already back to school for so many kiddos? Mine have actually been back in school for a month already. One thing I love to do when the kids go back to school is make their new teachers something fun. Lately, I am in love with all things subway art, so I decided I would make one in a teacher version. Let me show you this simplified version of making this.
- First I took a piece of black 12 x 12 adhesive cardstock.
- I sized the file to fill up the entire sheet.
- I then removed all the inside pieces and slowly removed the large black sheet.
- Then I decided which words I wanted to be which color and chose some cardstock in those colors from my stash.
- I then cut the colors to size and placed on the back of the black adhesive cardstock. Because it was sticky, I didn’t have to add any adhesive to the colored cardstock.
- This is what it looked like on the back once I was all done adding the colored cardstock.
- Once I flipped it over, you could see the colored cardstock through each cut out spot on the black adhesive cardstock.
- When I pulled off the large black sheet of adhesive cardstock I left all the insides of the letters on my mat.
- After all my colored cardstock was in place, I replaced the insides of all the letters using my craft knife.
- After I was all done with that, I added some strong adhesive to the back and placed it on a piece of chipboard. Then I added 2 pieces of black adhesive cardstock to the back of that, just for added support.
- Once I was all done with that, I placed my TEACHER SUBWAY ART in a scrapbook frame.
It was so much easier to cut it out of one sheet of black Adhesive cardstock and place the colored cardstock behind it, than trying to cut out all the words from the cardstock and line it up straight on the black background.