With the new PixScan™ technology you can create and save cut files for your stamp sets. No need for fussy cutting them out with your scissors anymore! Perfect, right?!
Here’s a quick look at how it works using your camera phone:
- Stamp the images on your choice of material
- Place your stamped material on the PixScan™ mat inside the black rectangle outline and take a photo with your phone
- Upload the photo to your computer
- Open Silhouette studio and click on the ‘open pixscan image’ button in the upper left corner
- Now it’s time to import your photo
- In the PixScan window click the arrow next to ‘Import from File’ & ‘Import PixScan Image from File’
- Find your image file and click ‘open’
- Now, you’ll see your image in Silhouette studio, just as it appears on the mat.
- Next, open the trace window, click ‘select trace area’ and drag your mouse over the stamped images
- Adjust the settings until your stamped images are highlighted and click ‘trace outer edge’
- Now you’ll see a cut line around each of your stamped images. You can zoom in and double click the line if you need to edit the points for any reason.
- Load the mat into your Silhouette
- Select your cut settings as you’d usually do in the Cut Settings window, then send to Silhouette
- Your machine will read the registration marks on the mat and cut out the stamped images
Now, so that you don’t have to create new cut lines each time you stamp your image, you can save this cut file in your library.
- Go to file > save as > save t o library
Next time you use the stamp set just cut the shapes out of white cardstock and you’re ready to stamp!
Want to see more about the PixScan™, or purchase a mat? You can find them here.