Hello crafty friends! Today, I’m sharing a simple tutorial with you using the Silhouette Glass Etching Starter Kit. This stuff is amazing and perfect for personalizing something or making a thoughtful gift for someone!
To make this etched decanter, here’s what you’ll need:
- Silhouette CAMEO or Portrait
- Glass Decanter
- Silhouette Glass Etching Starter Kit (This contains everything you’ll need and more: etching creme, stencil vinyl and transfer tape, hook, scraper)
- Small paint brush or q-tip (to apply etching creme)
- Gloves (optional but recommended)
Let’s get started!
- Measure your bottle to determine the size you want the phrase to be. Mine was 3″x3″.
- Re-size the phrase in Silhouette Studio and cut on the stencil vinyl.
- Clean the glass surface using a cotton ball and some rubbing alcohol.
- Using the transfer paper, apply the stencil to the glass and use the scraper to ensure it’s well-adhered.
- Liberally apply the etching creme to the exposed glass.
- Allow to sit about 60 seconds and then check to ensure it’s etched well. If not, let sit a few more seconds.
- Scrape excess etching cream back into the bottle (Yes, you can re-use it!)
- Rinse well and then remove stencil vinyl.
- Wash glass well before using and enjoy!