Hello! Martha here and today I have a cute kids craft to share with you. Kids love to make jewelry so when I spotted the Paper Bead Set and Paper Bead Pattern Set 1 in the Silhouette Design Store, I thought I would give this craft a try. I am very impressed with how the beads and charms turned out. I also like that the Silhouette Online Store has so many different charm sets to choose from, allowing for a personalize touch that reflects the child’s interests. I used Ballet Charms but another fun theme would be to create a pirate necklace for a boy.
Paper beads are simple to make with your Silhouette.
- Cut lots of paper beads out of a medium weight card stock.
- Roll the paper onto a wooden skewer and Mod Podge the exterior of the bead.
TIP: When rolling the bead onto the wooden skewer, only apply Mod Podge to the tip of the paper. Otherwise it will stick to the skewer and make a mess of the bead. Once the bead is rolled, slip it off of the skewer and apply a liberal amount of Mod Podge to the exterior of the bead.
To make the charm:
- Cut the charm out of chipboard.
- Create a mirror image of the charm and cut both the original and mirrored charm on double-sided adhesive.
- Place the double-sided adhesive on both sides of the chipboard charm.
- Cover with glitter.
- If you want, apply a coat of Mod Podge to give the charm added durability.
Now your necklace is ready for assembly!
Pictured below is a matching charm bracelet.