FREE Shape of the Week :: Merry Christmas

This week’s free shape is courtesy Hero Arts! Phrase shapes can be used in so many different ways, so I try to snatch them up whenever I can. I used this shape to create a custom Christmas card for today’s project. The thought of being able to combine the shape with any of the hundreds of Christmas shapes in the online store to create my cards just makes me happy. They will definitely be unlike any other. I’m a fan!

christmas_card

If you want to add additional text to the shape, I found that the basic Times font coordinates really well.

For more holiday project inspiration today, check out the Hero Arts blog!

Have a happy Tuesday!

sig_jeana

merry christmas

love you handwritten phrase

sketch chalkboard frame

bow christmas wreath

chalkboard printable pattern

5 x 7 envelope

17 thoughts on “FREE Shape of the Week :: Merry Christmas

1. Lynette says:

Thank you so much for the blog makeover!!! I’m so glad I can look at all the tutorials in one place, and with pictures to help me find what I am looking for! THANK YOU!!! :) This is a great free shape! Thanks for such a cute phrase. I love how that card turned out. That frame is awesome!

2. Amanda says:

I’m new to the Silhouette … how does one make a card like this? With the sketch pens? Thanks!

1. Jeana G says:

This card was created using the print and cut feature to get the chalkboard background and text, then I used the white sketch pens to get the sketchy border. :) There are some great tutorials on our YouTube channel that go into more detail. You can find print and cut here or sketch pens here.

3. Tracey says:

I have never downloaded the free shape of the week, what do I click on to get it please!

4. Tracey says:

Never-mind, I found it :)

5. Tamra says:

No, not nevermind:):), I don’t know how to do it:):)??

1. Jeana G says:

Hi Tamra, the shape is listed/linked at the bottom of the post. Or you can click on the ‘free shape’ image on the sidebar :)

6. Lauren says:

Excited to use this in one of my projects!

7. Paula Gale says:

Wow – not been to the blog for cpl weeks – I thought I’d come to the wrong place lol!! (I subscribe and read in my email usually so you can’t tell that anything has changed from that!!). Total surprise but very impressed!

Does this mean we won’t be seeing so many of Jeana’s projects. Jeana has done a fabulous of keeping the blog going, hope it doesn’t mean she’s disappearing though because of the new design team being in place (although I know they are going to be fabulous too).

fabulous projects and full of inspiration… thank you to all who brings all of these to us….

Paula x x x

8. Barby says:

So did you print the black background or did you print the white Merry Christmas and put it on black paper? Is the wreath a print and cut from the Silhouette store? Very cute, by the way!

1. Jeana G says:

Hi Barby – The black background is the chalkboard printable pattern from the online store. So I print that out with the text, then I used a white sketch pen to sketch the border. The wreath is a regular cut shape that I filled with color and print/cut. If you want to see a tutorial on turning a regular cut shape into a print and cut you can find one here on our YouTube channel :)

1. Jeana G says:

Great job! I love the color scheme! :)

9. giulia says:

Hi! I am having trouble reading the blog…it keeps asking me for credentials, but nothing I provide seems to work! I also cleaned the cache/cookies, but still no success. Plus, before the blog makeover blog (which, btw, I do like) updates were delivered to my inbox, but I haven’t gotten any since the change. Is there anything I can do? Thank you very much in advance

1. Jeana G says:

I would recommend restarting your browser and clear the cache again. If it still doesn’t work, let me know. Also, we just got the feed transferred so you should see a new email update in the morning. :)

10. Helen says:

I have a desktop and laptop. I would like to be able to use my Silhouette with either. Is it OK to download the software to both? Next, if it is, I can’t find the folder where all my designs I’ve purchased are located. And can I put them on both of my computers so I can take them with me and the laptop?

1. Jeana G says:

Hi Helen,

Our customer support team would be happy to walk you through the process and they can be reached via email at support@silhouetteamerica.com.