Silhouette Design Team Call

Silhouette Design Team Responsibilities::

- create and submit 3-4 new projects monthly, using the Silhouette, that showcase our products {including at least 1 tutorial}
- post projects to online galleries and social media
- have great attention to detail
- take great photos of your work
- be willing to commit to 6 months, starting October 2013
- be awesome!

Team members will receive::

- Silhouette products to work with each month
- a premium subscription to the Silhouette online store {wowza!}
- design team button to display on your blog
- sneak peeks of new products before they are released

How to apply::

Submit the following information in an email to blog@silhouetteamerica.com with ‘DESIGN TEAM’ in the subject line.

Your name, address and email address.

In a short paragraph tell us a little bit about yourself and your crafting history.

Links to your website/blog and other social media sites, ie. Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Youtube , Pinterest, G+

If you are currently on a design team, please list them.

Tell us why you think you’d be a good fit for our team.

How would you describe your crafting style?

List which of the following categories you are most interested in. {parties, apparel/fabric, home decor, scrapbooking, cards, projects for the classroom}

Attach 5 of your best *Silhouette projects for each of the categories you listed.

Please be sure to include all required information. Incomplete applications will not be considered.

The deadline for applications is midnight {MDT} September 28, 2013. Previous design team experience is not required. You will receive an email confirmation when we receive your application, so follow up is not necessary. If you are selected for the design team you will be notified by email on or before October 4. Open to US residents only.

Good luck everyone. We look forward to seeing your applications!

PS. The free shape of the week is an adorable, stitch-able bookmark set perfect for back to school! You can find it here.

*edited to add

61 thoughts on “Silhouette Design Team Call

1. Jameka F says:

I can’t wait to get to work!! This is really exciting :)

2. krumeluran says:

to bad its us only.. would love to be on such a team as Silhouette design team…
    //Katarina

3. Scrapthat says:

So does this mean if you work with the original Silhouette machine you are NOT eligible?

1. Jeana G says:

Thanks for your comment! Although we would prefer our team to be using current products, we have updated the call to allow for the crafter to use any Silhouette machine.

2. Scrapthat says:

Thanks Jeana! Nobody would like to be using current products more than I would! ;D but I am a LONG time lover of Silhouette. :D
      Oh bummer….didn’t see the US only part. I’m CDN. so I guess I’m out anyway.

4. purplerara says:

I would have applied for this in a heart-beat… but I live in the UK. So sad!

5. Allie Gower says:

Super excited, sent my app in. Good luck everyone! I LOVE LOVE LOVE my Silhouette Cameo.

6. Tabitha says:

What an incredible opportunity! Thank you crafty Silhouette genius’s for this blessing!

7. Sandy Lewis says:

How exciting! Best of luck everyone.

8. Esmé says:

It sucks that it’s US residents only!!! Would have loved to join, but I can’t because I’m not a US resident :’(

9. Viki Tiamat says:

Why not International designers as well ?????
    Totally a bummer :(
    I use Silhouette for three years now almost daily ,have LOTS to share and LOVE everything about it-not fair not to be qualified only because I’m not from the US

10. Oh wow…this is awesome…luv, luv, luv my Sil. Time to get busy!!!!

11. KackaD says:

I am also outside US and using Silhouette with love and I write lot of articles and tutorials :( I wanted to try. Shame.

12. Just a question for clarification. If I choose parties and home decor for my categories then I would need to submit 10 projects???

Thanks.

1. Jeana G says:

Yes, we need to be able to see a clear representation of your work in each category.

Are you looking for people with already successful social media and blogging experience, or will you be choosing completely based on creativity and the projects themselves?

1. Jeana G says:

A mix of the two is preferable, but not required.

14. Laurie C says:

I’m so excited to see this! I’m definitely going to apply!

15. Falon says:

Do you have to already be an avid Silhouette user or would you accept someone with lots of ideas, but no Silhouette experience? I’m willing to buy one if I make the team!

1. Jeana G says:

We prefer to see submissions using the Silhouette, so if you can get your hands on one, we’d love to see what you can create!

16. Gisela says:

I had a question regarding the Design Team responsibilities, does each member create 3-4 new projects every month or do the 12 members work on the same 3-4 projects together each month? Thanks for the opportunity, sounds like fun!

1. Jeana G says:

Hi Gisela – Each member of the team will create 3-4 of their own projects each month.

2. Gisela says:

ok, that’s what i thought, just wanted to make sure!

17. ~ Barb says:

I’m a disappointed Canadian too, I use my Silhouette on everything I make and belong to other challenge blogs. Sad :(

18. I’ll be sending in my application! I already own most of the current products, but would love the opportunity to try out new products before their release. This is sooooo awesome!

19. Very excited about this opportunity! I love my Cameo and all my Silhouette products!

20. Hi Jeana, I am just super excited about this opportunity. I am your girl! I have done several different projects using my Silhouette Cameo and have always wanted to start a blog to document those and other things. This will definitely push me in the right direction. I am starting a blog right now! I have one question. I was designing my header with the silhouette software and after it was done I realized it doesn’t save as a jpeg right? What can I do about that? How can I use the fonts and shapes from the store to make a header or to place over pictures and save them as jpeg?

21. Do the projects I submit (for the 5 projects) have to be made on my cameo? I have only had mine for about a year. I had a different machine I was using before.

1. Jeana G says:

Yes, we prefer that they are.

22. Jill says:

Really bummed that this isn’t open to Canadians :(

23. Jeana, I sent my application email in, but did not receive a confirmation email. Just wondering if I should have received it right away, or if they are being sent out individually instead of as an automated response.

Hi Ashley!

There was a hiccup with my email yesterday, but they should have all been sent out this morning. :)

24. I also did not receive a confirmation email, so just wanted to double check that it was received :)

1. Jeana G says:

It was! :) Confirmations for all of the applications received should have gone out this morning. Thanks for checking!

2. I still didn’t get a response :( Is there a way for me to check to see if mine was received?

3. Jeana G says:

It was received. :)

25. I have a question about the “projects for the classroom” category. Do you mean decorations for the classroom, school project assignments, or projects kids can make at school with teacher or parent assistance? Or are all of the above appropriate?

1. Jeana G says:

Great question Kelly! All of the above are appropriate.

26. I had to open a new email account because of our internet service provider today I could only attach 5 photos however I added link to my blog, youtube channel (silhouette cameo tutorials)and my facebook page…will that be ok or do you all want me to attach photos in separate emails?

1. Jeana G says:

Sarah, if you can send the photos in an email{s} that would be great!

27. Whoops, I sent my project examples as blog links, not photos attached to the email, shall I send again? Thank you, Nancy

28. Could gifts I made with my Cameo be included under parties?

29. Can’t wait to get started. Use my cameo just about every day! It is an essential in my scrapbook room!

30. Joybug75 says:

Jeana- just for clarification, do the projects have to be original, as in a project you came up with, or what you created using the files from the Silhouette Online Store?

1. Jeana G says:

The project itself does need to be original to you {meaning not duplicating someone else’s completed project} but they can definitely be made using shapes from the online store.

31. Good luck everyone ! I am brand new to the silhouette world ! And I absolutely love it !! I am sure whoever they pick will do an amazing job !! I submitted my application , but I am newbie ! Once again good luck everyone !

Mayra
    Mayrasdesigns.blogspot.com

32. This comment has been removed by the author.

33. Debbi says:

Good luck all! Sad I can’t apply as I am from the UK :(

34. Lauren Smith says:

I am a US resident, but will be overseas for the next year… was wondering if I could still enter?

35. Oh my gosh…I have butterflies in my tummy at just the thought of
    actually making this team! LOL!
    Trying to figure out what I’d want to share with you…this is SO
    exciting!
    Wonderful opportunity! Good luck folks!

~Leah

36. too bad … “for US résidents only” !
    XoXo from Paris (FRANCE)

37. Arin Flynn says:

I wanted to touch base and see if the confirmation emails are working? I sent in my application on 9/13 and have never received a confirmation of receipt. I did check my spam as well. :-) Thanks a million and am soo excited for this possible opportunity.

38. Do you have a “newbie” category? I am trying to justify the need of a new machine to the husband….if I could say it was for “work” then he’d be hard-pressed to find a reason to be against it :)

39. Would have loved to apply! I Really love my Portrait. However, I live in the Bahamas ( with a US mailing addy). Thank you though for all the great inspirations and for the wonderful products in the Silhouette store.

40. tammikins says:

Please tell me this means Saturday, September 28 at midnight and not tonight at midnight!? I’m scrambling to finish up one project!!!!

1. Jeana G says:

Yes, it does mean tomorrow at midnight.

2. tammikins says:

Thanks Jeana! I’ve sent my application but never received a response that it was received so I’m worried that I’m not entered.

41. Jeana, what a fabulous opportunity for whomever makes the team. It’s great that you offer this.
    I am a little nervous as I submitted my app yesterday and I have not received any confirmation. Want to make sure you really have it before deadline. Thanks Wendy

42. Kim F. says:

This is an awesome opportunity :)

43. Amber says:

Are you going to be doing this again in the Spring/Summer? I really wanted to do it this time, but adjusting to life after school starting has really thrown me for a loop. I’m really hoping I didn’t miss this opportunity completely.