DIY Layered Stickers + a video

Happy Wednesday everyone!  I hope your week has been crafty so far, and if it hasn’t been, hopefully this will inspire you!

Layered stickers are very popular in the crafting market right now, but they can be pretty pricey…
I made some of my own using the print and cut feature along with some adhesive cardstock and my Silhoeutte!

It’s really easy to do, and the results are dimensionally fabulous!  If you subscribe to our YouTube channel, you’ve already gotten a peek at how these were created.  If you don’t, enjoy the video tutorial…and I encourage you to subscribe!  There are lots of videos that haven’t been featured on the blog that you are missing out on!

Go make some happy!

18 thoughts on “DIY Layered Stickers + a video

1. Scrapthat says:

Oh I was so hoping for a bundle LOL
    Since you said only some P&Cs would work I thought there might be a supply list.

1. Jen S. says:

Scrapthat – Sorry! I had the shapes listed in the video description on the YouTube channel, but not here. I’ve updated the blog post and you should be able to see the shapes at the bottom of the post now!

2. So very cute! Love that this is an option for us. Hope we can determine which p&c’s will work for this idea.

3. What a SUPER great tutorial! I love that you used adhesive cardstock to create these stickers! Thanks a bunch for sharing!!! Smiles, Jill

4. Very pretty! The print and cut feature is one of my favorite features of Silhouette. So easy and pretty too!

5. Such a great idea! I’m already raiding the online store for P&C’s! Just wondering if there is a way to identify the suitable shapes, the ones you can ungroup…

6. Denise says:

Love the tutorial. Many thanks. I can’t seem to locate the “house of 3″ banner however. The link just comes up as an error. Has it been retired?

Denise M

Thanks for sharing! Can’t wait to play around with some print and cut images . . . and save some money!

8. How stinkin’ cute are these! Once again a great tutorial, and your explanations are clear and easy to understand. I hope you never, ever take any other job!

9. Lori Aragon says:

Awesome tutorial Jen! Thanks so much for your wonderful ideas :)

10. DeAnna Goen says:

I loved this tutorial. Thanks for sharing!

Wow – great tutorial!! Thank you so much. I just got my cameo & have no idea of all it will do yet!

12. mary45 says:

Hi I bought these shapes and have tried to copy exactly what you are doing But you must have a different programme to my DE as my shapes will not behave the same way as yours!!
    Which is very very frustrating indeed..
    The flowers shape doesn’t open up the same way at all..So therefore what you are demonstrating isn’t very clever..What is happening.Do you use a totally different program????
    I have duly bought all the shapes used here and if it isn’t working properly what can we do?
    This video isn’t very helpful!! Especially when I cannot get the flowers to separate like you have !! It isnt any help whatsoever.is it?
    Please advise Mary Thank you.

1. Jeana G says:

Hi Mary,

With this project the ungroup button {in the bottom left of your screen} or the right click>ungroup will be your best friend. :) As Jen mentioned in the video, with the flower shape selected you will click ungroup several times for all of the pieces to be used separately. If you are not able to ungroup the shape this way, I’d recommend contacting customer support for further assistance. They can be reached via email at support@silhouetteamerica.com

13. You idea about stickers is awesome !! You are really a Genius.

14. Lia says:

Where is the youtube link?

1. Jeana G says:

Hi Lia, You should be able to view the video within the post. If it isn’t loading, please let me know!

Thanks!