Cupcake Birthday Card

Happy FREE shape Tuesday! This week’s shape is a little cupcake with decorations that can be used for all different occasions.

In my family there are 3 birthdays to celebrate this week, so I used the cupcake shape and this happy birthday sentiment to create a cheery birthday card.

With all of the different pieces in the shape you can mix and match cardstocks and patterned papers to get just the look you want. I tried several different color schemes before I decided on this one, and found the outline shape cut out of vellum to be the perfect balance of defining the shape, but being subtle at the same time. I really like that about it!

I hope you enjoy your new shape, and would love to see what you create with it! There are a few ways you can share your projects these days, either on of Flickr group, in the weekly shape challenge, or you can always send it in an email. :) Seeing what you create is always the best part of my work day!

Happy crafting!

Shape:
happy birthday phrase

cupcake with decorations

9 thoughts on “Cupcake Birthday Card

1. janet says:

Thanks for the shape and I love the card!!

2. D- says:

I LOVE your card!! TFS.
    This is a wonderful shape to add to my collection.
    The ideas are already swirling around in my head.
    D~

3. Very cute and I love the way the vellum adds a subtle outline. Great job.

4. Tracy says:

This is so pretty! I dono what I would do with out this blog for all your amazing ideas. I’m still learning my way around my new Cameo and this blog is a huge help!! Thank you Xx

5. Maggie Lara says:

I love seeing all your ideas!! Thanks for the inspiration!
    *Hugs*
    Maggie

6. MsElizer says:

Love the cute card! I’m trying to replicate it with my own font for the “happy birthday” piece. Is there a link to a tutorial or maybe some quick tips that you can give me to create the larger “happy birthday” background/mounting? I’m especially curious since it looks like it’s bubble letters in the same font! Thank you!

1. Jeana G says:

The background is an offset of the happy birthday phrase, and you can learn more about offsets here ::

A quick note…don’t get discouraged when you see each leatter have it’s own offset, when you click apply, they will all weld together to create the mat for your phrase.

Let me know if you have any questions and I’d love to see it when you are finished if you feel like sharing! :)

2. MsElizer says:

This is great! Thanks, Jeana! I’m going to try it out soon :)