Just wanted to say thanks!

Hi crafty friends! The other day I was at the scrapbook store {because you can never have too much paper, right?!} and I ran into a friend of mine. She was there trying to find papers and embellishments to make some ‘thank you’s’ for a group of people who had helped her with a conference that had just ended. I couldn’t help but think how easy it would be to make something absolutely adorable with the Silhouette that would take just a couple of minutes and is also duplication friendly. It got my creative wheels turning and I had to see what I could come up with. So, with just two shapes, patterned paper, cardstock, twine and a tiny bit of adhesive I made this cute little gift bag… It’s the perfect size for a gift card and a few treats.

Simple projects like this are great for the random, just because gifts too! Can you think of someone to give this to today?

Speaking of random, just because gifts… before I go I wanted to say THANKS to all of you. Seriously, we have the BEST followers! One of my favorite things about my job here at Silhouette is hearing from you, seeing your projects and sharing in your excitement about my favorite crafting tool. So, as a tiny token of ‘thanks’ to all of YOU… you can find and download the ‘thanks’ tag on this gift bag FREE {just this week} in the Silhouette online store here.

Happy crafting!

Shapes: click on the shapes below to link to them in the Silhouette online store. The size listed is that of the shape used in today’s project. When entering this size, be sure to click ‘lock aspect ratio’ first.
box {11.080″ w}
thanks  {2.060″ w}

34 thoughts on “Just wanted to say thanks!

1. Unknown says:

“THANKS”… m.e.

2. Tracy says:

and thank YOU! love this blog. I’m a new silhouette portrait owner and I love seeing everything you’re making. Gives me all kinds of ideas ;-)

Congrats on the new portrait, Tracy! I hope you’ll share some of your projects with us. :)

3. Ana says:

Yes Thank you…seriously…I too absolutely love to stop by here everyday and admire y’alls creativity and be inspired… so Thank you for that!. I have been super blessed to have my Cameo for a few months now. It has come in handy for so many things and look forward to learning more :D

4. Thriftylo says:

Anything on silhouette america that we can make to hold a 4×6 card? ?? All the 3d stuff id way too small. I love this bag but too small

1. Unknown says:

Did you know you can resize any of the sil images… including the 3d “stuff”… I have made many boxes and bags that would hold 4×6 or larger. Some images work better than others of course.

2. Thriftylo says:

I have tried to resize but only have 12×12 paper to cut it on. Im new to this so operator error lol
      Can you tell.me jow to do.it
      Thanks

3. Unknown says:

If there are multiple pieces, just resize until the largest piece is the proper size and will still fit on the 12×12… Then ungroup and cut separately. Otherwise, you can cut an image with your knife tool and create and weld a tab on it so that you can then glue it together(a little more work, but worth it).
      There are some boxes/envelopes/pockets made specifically for 4×6 in the online store. Just search 4×6 and they should pop up… Have fun…

4. Thriftylo says:

Thank you so much for your help. More things I’ll be buying i can’t wait.

5. thank you. And I have to say you can have 2 much paper, lol! I got 9 pads of paper for Christmas and besides the paper I have I did decide I had way to much and need to use what I have up first (I betcha I have enough for at least 5 years of projects. So thank goodness for PL so I can use up some of the paper. so yes there is a time when you can have to much paper

Haha.. that is when you invite ALL of your friends over for craft night and tell them you’ll provide the paper :)

6. Thanks for the “thanks”. :) Having a Silhouette machine (two models and counting…I’m waiting for a wireless model *hint hint*) has literally changed my crafting life! I love the daily inspiration you provide us on the Silhouette blog. Where would we be without you?

Kelly you are sweet, and I am passing along your hint! ;)

2. Angela says:

Oh what a great idea Kelly.

3. craftykarla says:

Oh wireless, YES!!!

4. Adriane says:

Oh wow. I think wireless might make a Silhouette so epic it would blow my mind! Because naturally my biggest challenge is finding a pile on my crafting table that won’t tip over while my Cameo sits and cuts on top. :P

7. Janice says:

This is such a great project! I have the Portrait so I am not sure I can do the bag. Can someone lead this newbie on how to resize it? The tag is great and would be perfect for cards :) Thank you Silhouette.

Hi Janice,

You can definitely make the bag :) Here is a video tutorial from our youtube channel that will show you all the different ways to resize your shapes…

8. Thanks for all you do to inspire us to create. I am just now figuring out how to make a simple tote I’m making cute with a fabric paint stencil. Deciding what to do is always the hardest! :)

That sounds like fun, and I agree deciding what to do next is always the hard part :) There are lots of possibilities!

9. mommay8 says:

How how come when I go to the silhouette website this isn’t the free shape? Then I follow the link and save this shape and it says it will automatically download when I open silhouette studio the next time but it never downloads. I have to recover it?

Hi, this isn’t the normal weekly free shape, it’s just an additional one we are giving away to our blog followers :) If you are still having trouble downloading it, customer support would be happy to help you. You may email them at support@silhouetteamerica.com

2. D- says:

Mine says it is downloaded when I go to Silhouette through the program but I can not find it in my program library. Any suggestions where to find it?
      D~ dmcardmaker (AOL)

10. Angela says:

Thanks for the ‘Thanks’!!

11. craftykarla says:

Thanks for the inspiration, love the projects. Oh, and thanks for the Thanks.

12. Adriane says:

Wow, thank YOU! So nice of you to go and make my day :D

13. purplerara says:

Thanks! I just love my Cameo :)

14. D- says:

I just wanted to say Thanks for the Thanks cut.
    this blog has been a lot of fun.
    I’m a Silhouette newbie having just won my portrait from a Silhouette sponsored blog.
    I love my new little crafting toy. Thanks Silhouette for your generosity!
    D~ dmcardmaker (AOL)

15. Trish says:

I LOVE my Silhouette and I love the educational, inspirational goodness of the Silhouette blog and community at large!. Thank you for this free “Thanks” and all the free shapes of the week. You make me happy!

16. Sandy #1781 says:

Thanks back to you. I’ve learned so much here and I love this little tag. Unfortunately, I am in the hospital and cannot download, but I still love to look.

17. Betsy says:

I love to read your blog and find the ideas and projects inspiring. So thanks back to you!

18. Torrie says:

Right back at ya!

19. Patti Barber says:

Hi THannks for sharing what is the font you used?