Gift Idea : Framed Art

One of my dear friends is expecting her first baby soon, a boy. He’s not even here yet, but has a wardrobe that might be twice that of mine, {he’s going to be one stylin’ little man!} and his parents are all set with the necessities. So, one of her creative friends, still wanting to throw her a baby shower, came up with a fun idea. Instead of onsies, bottles and diapers we were asked to create a little something for his woodland themed nursery. Clever, right? I have a couple of ideas I’m tossing around. Here is one of them…
My CAMEO + this cute little fox shape + some patterned paper + cardstock and a frame = a unique piece of framed art perfect for a nursery. It might even be fun to use in a play room or even a school classroom too now that I’m thinking about it.  Maybe even on a smaller scale with different animals for the whole alphabet?
I personally like the dimension and texture you get from layering the shapes cut out of different papers. But, if you are in a time crunch, or even if it just seems tedious, you could always use the fill pattern feature in Silhouette studio and create the little guy as a print and cut too. Isn’t he cute?
If you have any fun woodland nursery themed project ideas leave them in a comment below… I’d love to hear them :)
Thanks for stopping by today… and have a wonderful weekend!
Shapes: click on the name of the shape below to link to it in the Silhouette online store

17 thoughts on “Gift Idea : Framed Art

1. Vonne says:

Don’t forget the vinyl! My grandson’s nursery is full of underwater sea creatures – so cute!

Oh, that sounds adorable! :)

2. I am currently doing my sons nursery in woodland animals. I hope you share your other ideas as well!!

3. blurooferika says:

This is just darling! Thanks for sharing. One of cutest nursery projects I’ve seen in a long time.

4. Kerri KC says:

I love this! I did my son’s room in a woodland theme too. Unfortunately I bought my silhouette AFTER I finished the nursery! But I made a little mobile with felt animals. You could totally use the silhouette to cut out mirrored fabric pieces and sew them together to make a really cute mobile to hang over the crib!

5. Amy says:

Thank you for featuring my fox die cut on your blog today. I actually designed all the woodland animals for my boys nursery. You can check it out on my blog. http://amyrobison.com/blog/woodland-animals/

You always have wonderful creative ideas and excellent tutorials. Thanks again!
    -Amy

Amy I love those little animals, and the bright colors you used! :)

6. cat123 says:

so lovely, good ideas !!!!

7. angelb says:

So cute! a glass vase filled with twigs spray painted a color to match the room, and then spray with silver and blue glitter and a silk bow around the vase is cute. A quilt with heat transfer vinyl animal on it hung on the wall from a quilt shelf. oh my goodness I better stop!

8. Just used this fox for my Nieces Valentines box. super cute and such an easy cut. what about an adorable animal mobile for above the crib out of fabric?

That is a great idea! :)

9. This is super cute! I was looking for ideas for my daughter’s room, and this is perfect!!

10. Janet Buswell says:

I am trying to create a similar look to your nursery Fox and I can’t get my image to be whole to do print and cute. It is only separated pieces…help! Also, what is the name of the pattern “fabric” used int he framed art. Thanks so much.

Janet

1. Jeana G says:

Hi Janet, You will want to ungroup the shape, fill in each piece and then layer them on top of one another to get the completed fox. If you fill in a shape and move it over to where you think it should go, but it disappears behind another shape, right click with your mouse and select bring forward until it appears again. Then you should be all set :) Are you asking about the chevron patterned paper on the fox?

1. Janet Buswell says:

Yes, the chevron pattern. Do you know the name? I can’t find it in the silhouette online store. I did figure out how to do the other part. Thank you!!

1. Janet Buswell says:

Is there a place to get non silhouette patterns? I have looked numerous time for that adorable twill look and I’m not seeing it. HELP. :)