DIY Party Week: Glitter and Gold Heart Day Party

Happy first day of February! In honor of the month of love I bring you… the Glitter and Gold Heart Day Party.

Valentine’s can be fun for everyone, attached or otherwise. :) I’ll be celebrating this year with my single girlfriends, who were the inspiration for this glittery, gold and pink party theme.

To set the sparkly tone of the party use gold foil for your invitations and double sided adhesive covered in glitter on the inside of your envelopes.

Attach a monogramed golden heart to the base of each glass using gold thread. It’s a tiny detail, but one that won’t go unnoticed.

For place cards, use two hearts and a print and cut flag, in a sparkly cookie of course!

Though designed for Valentine’s Day, I think some of these elements would work well for a bridal shower too. Don’t you?

Do you have any fun crafting plans for the weekend?  I will be watching the super bowl on Sunday… {or crafting in front of the tv while the super bowl is on} so I can catch the awesome commercials, and watch the 49ers win. {i hope!}

Have a great weekend, and I’ll see you back here next week for some back to basics Silhouette studio tutorials!

Oh, one more fun bit of Valentine related goodness before I go… Valentine shapes are just 75¢ at the Silhouette Online Store through February 14th. Which means it is a great time to stock up! :)

4 hearts
arrows
valentine charms

10 thoughts on “DIY Party Week: Glitter and Gold Heart Day Party

1. Linda says:

Gorgeous!!!

Can you work on a princess party theme for 4 year old? :)

2. This is so pretty! I want to throw a party now!

3. Rachel O. says:

Adorable. I want to recreate this in its entirety.

4. Trish says:

i want to go to that party! Gorgeous!

5. jintyoo7 says:

Another wonderful LO of party ideas – such a pretty setting too :)

6. Kristi Marsh says:

Adorable! Curious to how the double sided adhesive holds up with glitter? Does a lot of glitter flake off of it? I’ve been using glitter a lot. LOVE the look of it but hate the mess! Does glitter come off on your hand when you touch it?

7. Know I am in love with a new creation…This can be used for a million and one things…..Happy Valentines day…Whoooo Hooooo

8. Tara says:

I think that some of these elements would be perfect for a little girl’s tea party as well! Thank you for the inspiration!

I appreciated the VDay sale, for sure! We made our valentines this weekend : http://suburble.blogspot.ca/2013/02/will-you-be-my-valentine.html?m=1

9. Shannon says:

Super cute! Question, the valentine charms shape is showing as $.99 cents instead of the $.75 cent sale. Is there anyway to update that? Thank you!

Hi Shannon, Thanks for letting us know. It has been updated :)