DIY Party Week :: Polka Dot & Posy Party

Today’s party theme “Polka Dot & Posy” was inspired by the adorable polka dot and flowered paper you see here… I fell in love with the color scheme!
Using the print and cut feature you can design an invitation that coordinates with your paper and color scheme.
If you are hand delivering the party invitations, cut an envelope out of vellum and fill with confetti. Then, for fun attach a name flag and 3d flower to the front of the envelope.
By stitching the circles and the bottom layer of the flower you can create a quick and simple garland.
To carry the flower theme throughout, and doll up the otherwise plain utensils, add a wrap and 3d flower.
Combine polka dots and posys in a frilly party hat.

A popcorn snack can double as a centerpiece by using a popcorn box and adding flowers on skewers.

It is pretty wintery here in Utah, so I especially enjoyed creating this little bit of sunshine. Who says a flower themed party needs to happen when flowers are in bloom? Paper flowers do the trick quite nicely. :)

I hope you found some inspiration, or at least some sunshine in today’s post. Thanks for stopping by… and happy crafting!

3d ruffle flower
2 banner labels
mini popcorn box
party hat
5 scalloped circles
artisan label set
2 cute flowers with leaves
flag borders

18 thoughts on “DIY Party Week :: Polka Dot & Posy Party

1. Wow, what a pretty party made of paper! Lovely!

2. Ilona says:

Love the ideas you´re sharing this week! This will all go into my `have to do this someday` folder :-) Hoping to throw my ds a knight themed party next week. Any ideas? I’m looking for cupcake wrappers in castle shape or something. Thanks for sharing all inspiration!

3. Fabulous. Can theme the whole party. Buy colour or flowers thanks for the inspiration.

4. Gorgeous and so brightly fun!

5. Erin Kelley says:

Can you list the fonts you used on the invitation?

1. (Looks like “Hoedown” and “Dancing Script” to me.)

Good eye Kelly! :)

3. I’ve downloaded most of your go-to fonts, Jeana. Love them. :)

6. jintyoo7 says:

WOW, so fancy and simply fabulous :)

7. These are beautiful again, Jeana! That 3d ruffle flower will never grow old. (Best freebie you guys ever offered.)

Thanks Kelly! :)

8. Sarah says:

How did you create the banner in the middle of the invitation to be two-toned? Also I had a banner in my library and I was trying to fill it with color.. but it’s only putting color in the lines… is there a way to work around this? Thanks I really want to make invites for a baby shower coming up and I loved how this one turned out.

Hi Sarah,

The shape that I used, http://www.silhouetteonlinestore.com/php/?page=view-shape&id=26471 comes in two pieces, which makes it super easy to color in. Which banner shape do you have?

9. Hi Jeana, Love, Love this invte and the paper flowers! It was timed well with an invite I was trying to pull together for a baby shower. Here’s how it turned out. http://laurellanecrafts.com/2013/03/17/elephant-baby-shower-invite/
    Thanks for the inspiration!

Your invitations turned out adorable. Love the color scheme! :)

10. Charisse says:

I love everything about this! Would I need the deluxe edition of the Silhouette Studio to make the invitation, in particular the blue outline inside the artisan label?

Hi Charisse,

You can make all of the projects in this post using the basic edition of Silhouette studio. To create a line inside the artisan label, you would use the internal offset feature and then use the line style window to change the thickness of the line and the line color window to select the color you want to use. :) Hope that helps!