DIY Party Week :: Plane Party

Welcome to DIY party week! Each day this week I’ll share a different party theme and project ideas you can create using your super fab Silhouette for each theme. I love a good party, and whether it’s just for the family, or for a neighborhood full of kids it can be one of a kind. By creating just about everything at home, your party is sure to be unique and if you use paper and other supplies you already have on hand, it’s good for the budget too!

Today’s party theme : Planes

You can design and print invitations right from Silhouette studio by using shapes from the online store. Print out an extra invitation, pop it in a frame and it doubles as party decor.
Make all of the kiddos feel like a pilot with a 3d- Pilot Party Hat.

Send home treats as a ‘thanks for coming!’ in these cute little Pillow Box Party Favors

With a 12 x 12 cutting space you can create place mats to coordinate with the rest of the party decor. Then, to add some color to the plate use the banner element, also used on the invitation, to create this cute print and cut ‘eat cake!’ banner.

Use different textures and 3-d elements by cutting some of the shapes out of fabric, like this stuffed fabric cloud.  Add a 3d paper airplane in a soda bottle or mason jar and you’ve got a fun centerpiece.

If you are new to using fabric with your Silhouette, here is a great tutorial…

Glad you stopped by today! Happy crafting!

Shapes used:
3d captain hat
3d airplane
3 clouds
airplane banner

13 thoughts on “DIY Party Week :: Plane Party

1. Very fun! You’re overflowing with creativity, Jeana! I can’t wait to see what else you do for party week. :)

2. Keianna says:

Very fun and creative

3. Debbie W says:

Almost makes me wish I had little kids around. This looks fun to make.

4. dawnaclark says:

Woot! Where do you guys get those amazing barnwood/distressed frames you’re always using on the blog?!
    Share please?! :)

Dawna,

I got this one from Hobby Lobby. :)

5. Hi there, would you share more details from the invitation? Did you use separate shapes?

Hi Juliana, I did use separate shapes. Here is a quick tutorial on how I make subway art and my invitations. http://blog.silhouetteamerica.com/2012/09/halloween-subway-art-tutorial.html Hope this helps :)

6. Trish says:

I too would love to see a tutorial for putting together an invitation. Thanks for this fun party post

Hi Trish, Here is a quick tutorial on how I put together my printable subway art and invitations http://blog.silhouetteamerica.com/2012/09/halloween-subway-art-tutorial.html hope this helps :)

2. Sarah says:

I need to see if this helps me.. I was trying to create some art to hang in a frame in the silhoutte that I could just print out.. it wouldn’t print the font or the line feature I drew with the pen. Not sure if there is something I need to hit so everything prints.

7. jintyoo7 says:

Excellent ideas :)

8. Guinevere says:

Someone, anyone make a tutorial for an invitation for those of us behind on the Silhouette studio Learning curve

Here is a link to a quick tutorial on how I make my printable subway art and invitations. http://blog.silhouetteamerica.com/2012/09/halloween-subway-art-tutorial.html Hope this helps. :) Let me know if you have specific questions, I’m happy to help.