Simple Snowflake Pillow Cover

Happy Monday, friends! Let me introduce this week’s featured artist, Kolette Hall.

I used one of her snowflake shapes to create this fun, fuzzy pillow project that I’ve had on my to do list for a couple of months now. I was just waiting to find the perfect snowflake for the job. It had to be something clean, simple and traditional. This shape was exactly what I had envisioned. {love when that happens!}

After cutting the snowflake out of our white flocked heat transfer material, I used the hook tool to weed out the negative space of the design.
Then, I placed the shape face down, in the center of the pillow cover, covered it with a cloth and pressed it with a hot iron for about 45 seconds.
While it was still slightly warm, I removed the plastic backing, covered it with the cloth and went over it with the iron one more time. The heat transfer adhered so nicely to the felt!
Then, for a little texture I used the sewing machine to add some stitching. The straight lines made stitching a breeze.

I just love how it turned out!
For more fun shapes from Kolette’s portfolio go here.
Shape:

13 thoughts on “Simple Snowflake Pillow Cover

1. The stitching just adds the perfect touch to it.

1. Lauren says:

I agree! Very cute touch.

2. Oops, hit enter too quickly. It is gorgeous I meant to say!

3. Annette says:

oh my SOOOO awesome.. I love it..

4. CindeeQ says:

I was looking for some cute pillows for Christmas and didn’t really love any of them. I LOVE this one! So darn cute and creative. The stitching is perfect. Thanks for the idea, hopefully, I can make my own this weekend.

5. DeniseL says:

Love this! Btw, I’m a brand new RSS subscriber thanks to A Little Inspiration blog. Love what I see so far :)

6. So simple and adorable!!

7. Mary says:

I love this project and love my Cameo even more, as a gift during the sale I bought dust covers for my machine and a surprise one for my sis. She thanked me but also told me “Luv it but there’s no chance of my Silhouette getting dusty” I thought that was pretty funny…

8. Carol says:

Super cute project, One day I will get a cameo! Love how this project turned out. TFS

9. Bellule says:

Vraiment superbe, la touche de couture lui donne beaucoup de raffinement. j’aime vraiment beaucoup.

10. Patti Barber says:

What is the felt that was used for the project? Love the snowflake!

11. Linda :) says:

so cute!!! LOVE This….I’m a brand new RSS subscriber thanks to A Little Inspiration blog.

12. Lauren says:

I ended up making these pillows after I saw yours. I used some sparkly fabric and adhesive felt. I don’t have a silhouette cutter thing, so I had to cut it all by hand, but it was worth it! My “adhesive” felt turned out not to be quite so adhesive, so I ended up having to stitch those a little more extensively than originally expected, but it worked out nicely. Just wanted to share. :)