2013 Calendar

On my desk here at work I usually have the makings of a project or 3 going on at the same time. I love the idea of a desk calendar, but in all honesty it would probably get lost. So, I decided to change up the calendar shape from the 12 Days of Christmas to add to my cork board instead.

You can easily customize this calendar to put it in just about any shape you choose. To change the shape, once you have the calendar shape open in Silhouette studio, ungroup it by clicking the icon on the far left bottom of the screen.

Then, after they are ungrouped, delete the rounded squares. You should be left with just the printable calendar.

Next, open or draw your desired base shape and resize to 3.5″ x 3.5″ in the scale window.

Then, if you want to hang the calendar with a push pin you can draw a circle about .25″ and place it in the top middle of the circle base you just created.

Next, group the hole and base shapes together using the group button on the bottom left of your screen. {2nd button in} Then open the registration marks window and turn them on by clicking next to “show reg marks”. Then, duplicate the base shape 3 times to fill the page on your mat. Arrange the printable calendar months within the circles and you are all set to print then cut. Repeat for remaining months.

Shape:
2013 Calendar

Are you hosting a New Years party? Stop by tomorrow for some quick, last minute party ideas!

8 thoughts on “2013 Calendar

1. apzomo says:

I understand the cutting but how do I print? Is this done on cameo. Bear with me santa brought me the cameo!

1. Megan says:

I think you send it to your printer first, then line up the little red lines in the corners to your mat and then send it through the Cameo and it will know where to cut. At least that’s what I think I’ve figured out from other tutorials. Would love to know if I’m right since I haven’t tried it yet.

2. Be sure to change the paper size to letter ( not 12×12 scrapbook) on your project if that is what you use to print. Otherwise the registration marks won’t show and it doesn’t know where to cut. I learned this by mistake!

You will print the shapes and registration marks on your home printer. Then, place the printed page on your cutting mat and load it into the CAMEO. When you press cut in the software the CAMEO will then read the registration marks and cut out your shape. There is a quick print and cut video on our YouTube channel if you want to see it in action. :) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gMcWKW8Ep70 There are some other great basic tutorials there as well.

2. Megan says:

I just got a Cameo for Christmas as well. Love these tutorials!

3. apzomo says:

Well looks like I have to get my printer working!

4. Denise says:

how did you create the 2013? Is it two separate cutouts on top of each other? And if so how did you get them to fit each other?

1. Jeana G says:

Hi Denise,

They are two separate pieces. You can create a perfect mat for letters and shapes using the offset feature in Silhouette studio. You can find a tutorial with more detailed information here http://blog.silhouetteamerica.com/2012/04/mini-album-series-offset-shapes-and.html