12 Days of Christmas : Santa

On Christmas Eve when I was young, it was tradition to leave a plate of cookies for Santa by the tree, and carrots outside for the reindeer. In the morning when there was nothing left on the plate but crumbs, and tiny pieces where whole carrots used to be, I knew Santa had been there. It was magical.

For the sake of tradition and memories, I created this chalkboard Cookies for Santa sign using today’s free shape and the stenciling technique from this post

Happy Holidays from Silhouette!

I hope you and yours have a magical and memory filled Christmas!

8 thoughts on “12 Days of Christmas : Santa

1. Unknown says:

Santa will love this… Merry Christmas sil gang, to you and those you hold dear…

2. Nitasha says:

This is a beautiful set up! Thank you for all the wonderful freebies this Christmas season and all the inspiration! Merry Christmas!

3. These all are so cute. I missed a few days of Christmas, are they still available? I was on a deadline for 3, yes 3 scripts and way too much slipped past me.

Merry Christmas.
    LA

4. Becky says:

Thank you for such cute shapes! I’ve so enjoyed the 12 days off Christmas

5. Ziggyfriends says:

It would be great if Silhouette could produce some troubleshooting videos or add more troubleshooting information to the FAQs. I’ve checked there for solutions to my problems and found those to be very little help.

I’ve just gotten started using my new Cameo. I’ve cut cardstock with the cutting mat successfully. But I’ve had great difficulty with cutting vinyl and very unpredictable results. I’ve watched the videos on cutting vinyls for hints. I’ve tried cutting on a blade setting of 1 like mentioned there, but the blade doesn’t cut through the vinyl. I’ve tried cutting on the default setting of 2 that comes up when I choose the settings for Silhouette vinyl. That setting punches through the backing paper and then the elements get caught in the rollers and jam or drag the cut out of alighment. After wasting alot of vinyl, I got my project cut successfully (and wrote down the settings that I used). My premium vinyl cut perfectly on the recommended settings. The next day, I tried the same project again with the same settings, and it didn’t cut through. Then I tried the premium vinyl on the same default settings and the blade cut through the backing paper! I’ve worked almost all the way through my roll of regular vinyl and I only have two projects, one incomplete to show for it. I did note that you mentioned that not all Cameo’s cut the same on the same settings.

So how do I know if the problem is the machine or me? I suspect it’s me…and how do I make sure that I’m getting the blade set and inserted correctly each time. I see how everyone raves about their Cameo and the projects they create, so I know it’s possible!

Donna Williams

Hi Donna,

We want you to enjoy your CAMEO and are happy to help where we can. I would recommend contacting our customer support a support@silhouetteamerica.com. If you let them know what is going on, as well as a way to get in touch with you, they will respond quickly and are happy to help.

2. I don’t know if this will help you, but I have had the problem of the blade not seating all the way before I locked it in place. I have gone on to begin cutting and nothing is cut or it is only very lightly cut. I have had this happen countless times. I keep forgetting to check the blade is properly seated! Hope that helps!

3. Ziggyfriends says:

Thanks for the suggestions Jeana and Just a Mommie. I’ll try customer support.

Donna W.