12 Days of Christmas :: Christmas Card Workshop : card 4

Welcome to the Twelve Days of Christmas … Silhouette style. Each day, from now until Christmas there will be a FREE shape to download in the online store. Each shape will be free to download for one day only, so be sure to snag it while you can. You’ll be able to find it by clicking the link below, or click on “Free Shape of the Week” in the online store. Here is today’s shape…

It includes the sentiment “Merry & Bright” as you see it in the image above, but it also comes with a more horizontal version too which was perfect for my 3d ornament card!
To assemble the card, start by adhering a 4″ x 5.25″ piece to the center of the card base. Then adhere a  3.75″ x 5″ piece of patterned paper to the center of the previous piece.
Next, adhere a 4″ x 1.5″ rectangle about .5″ from the bottom of the card.

Then, adhere the sentiment to the center of that rectangle.

Next, cut out 4 1.5″circles from the scalloped globe garland shape and adhere them together, leaving the back side flat. {assembly instructions here if needed} Then, adhere the globe to the left side of the card front slightly above the rectangle and attach the ornament topper as well.

Then, to embellish add a simple jute bow and string from the top of the card, and you’re done.

Here’s a closer look…

18 thoughts on “12 Days of Christmas :: Christmas Card Workshop : card 4

1. Kara says:

Love this card! It’s pretty enough to frame. :)

2. Darnetha says:

I love that card! I am going to have to ask Santa for a silhouette!

3. Unknown says:

Thank you for the 12 days of plenty Silhouette! Jeana – any chance you could post an entry with tips & advice on organizing shapes in Sil Studio library??

Hi! I can certainly work on one… in the meantime, at the end of this post http://blog.silhouetteamerica.com/2012/08/friday-feature-silhouette-studio.html there is a quick peek at my library and a couple of organization tips. Hope that helps! :)

2. Unknown says:

Hi again – checked the link. Exactly what I needed – look no more! Thank you :) By the way, not sure why I show as Unknown. (Karina)

4. Wendy says:

Thanks, for the free shape and free shapes to come…so exciting. Gorgeous card.

5. Judy Bagwell says:

Very nice card. Thanks for sharing!!

6. Unknown says:

So Stinkin Cute!!!

7. love the options..I just did a post…all I want for Christmas..if you saw some of my Subway pieces you can see why

8. Sandy says:

Great card and I’m sorry I missed out. I’m excited to follow every day, but I find it easiest to use the links sent in my email subscription. I’ve been sitting here trying for some time and couldn’t figure out why the image wasn’t free. I checked the email time again, and it shows 12:17am, just 6 hours ago. Then I realized I was just now receiving yesterday’s email (the 13th). Bummer. I don’t have one for today yet either (14th). You can bet I’ll be on my toes from now on and find a different reminder. I just got my Silhouette last week and have not had a chance to play and am so excited. Thank you for such a great learning blog and extra thank you’s for the freebies to help me get started.

9. BJewelryBox says:

How pretty!! I really hope Santa brings me a Silhouette! ;)

10. Vicki D. says:

Where do you get the “more horizontal” version? My download was only the one on two lines? Thanks!

Hi Vicki,

When you open the studio file, do you see 4 different versions?

11. Patty says:

I have been trying for 3 hours to cut this Merry&Bright. Complete shredding every time. My size is EXACTLY the size your example is. I’ve tried three different cardstocks (American Crafts being one of them), and even tried using Sil double sided adhesive paper. That was a complete disaster. Tried with a spankin’ new blade, follow all the settings, nothing works. When you do these postings, would be really nice if you share how you really do it. I really don’t understand how you have such a clean cut. What is that paper?
    Grrrr….. can you tell how frustrated I am?

Hi Patty, I’m sorry to hear of your frustration… I did the project as I listed above and cut the shape out of cardstock by Close to my Heart using the default settings in Silhouette Studio for textured cardstock. In the studio file there is a thinner and thicker version of each the vertical & horizontal phrase. I used the thicker of the two versions. Is that the one you tried cutting?

12. kittymitty says:

so pretty :) could you inform us about the fonttype you’ve used?