Thankful Tree Project

Next week I am heading down to Arizona to spend Thanksgiving with my family. I am thinking of starting a new tradition with a thankful tree activity. I’ll have each family member write a couple of things they are thankful for on paper leaves to add to this little tree. My niece and nephews are even getting old enough now to where they could write their own. It will be fun to see what they come up with! Then, once I get home from my trip, I’ll glue on all of the leaves and add the page to my scrapbook.

Of course the idea for this project isn’t something new, but the CAMEO sure made it a lot easier to create. The duplication of the leaves especially. For this type of project when there are a lot of duplicate parts I rely on the replicate feature in Silhouette studio. In just a couple of steps you can save quite a bit of time. After opening and resizing my leaf I opened the replicate window. Then, with the leaf selected I clicked on “fill page” and it was all set to cut. Easy peasy right?

What Thanksgiving projects are you making with the Silhouette?

19 thoughts on “Thankful Tree Project

1. Sara&Eva says:

lovely proyect to autumn, I wanna make in my school!

2. I think I’m going to make this! I like the idea of doing every year then scrapbooking it! It’d be fun to look back at later in life!

3. Gramma Deb says:

Oh my goodness! I never noticed the “fill page” option. How did I miss that? Thank you.

4. TenSGal says:

Wonderful idea!

5. Gramma Deb says:

Well, there you go. I didn’t notice it because it isn’t there…

Hi Deb,

If you aren’t able to see it, adjusting your preferences might do the trick. Try going to File > Preferences > Display and select to have the Display size set to “Small”. Then restart the program. If you aren’t seeing it after that, send customer support a quick email at support@silhouetteamerica.com and they will be happy to help you further. :)

2. Gramma Deb says:

Found it! I’m using a Mac, which is also new to me, so I had to look around for preferences.
      I have to tell you I have never experienced such wonderful assistance and patience with any other device or soft wear questions. Thanks to all at Silhouette blog and customer service.!

Anytime, glad we could help!

6. Kelli says:

Last year I cut out bigger leaves and the kids wrote what they were thankful for and we hung them with invisible thread from a window like a beaded curtain. It was lovely to see all of their thankfulness looking so pretty.

7. Allison says:

What a great project! I will have to do this with my kids!

8. jintyoo7 says:

What a wonderful idea :) Love the animated illustration too!

9. Betsy says:

Nice idea! Be sure to share us the layout when you attach the leaves!

10. Melissa says:

Thanks for the tip about changing the size. It worked! I am making one for my family tonight. I am thankful for everyone on this blog. Everyone shares such wonderful projects. I learn something new everyday! My Silhouette is the gift that keeps on giving!

11. Heather says:

What a lovely idea and thanks for showing us how to use the replicate feature to fill page I have been spending time copying and pasting then spacing!!! Sometimes we are so busy using a programme we do not have time to learn how to use it fully so thank you!
    Happy Crafting
    Heather xx

12. I have been following for quite some time!!! daniellecov36@aol.com!!!!

Thank you for the giveaway!! What an awesome thing!!!!
    Happy Friday!

Carrie.. that’s adorable! I love the little pennant banner! :)

13. Wnderlnd says:

I can’t see what size you made your leaves. Can you share that? I am making this today for everyone to fill in tomorrow.
    Thanks!