Printable Pantry Labels

This week’s FREE shape is a set of printable pantry labels that work perfectly with the new white  sticker paper. They come in a fun blue color, but not to worry, if this blue isn’t your thing… you can follow these steps and change the color to coordinate with your own kitchen’s color scheme.
Once you’ve opened the shape in Silhouette studio, change your paper size in the Page Tools window to reflect the size of the sticker sheet. {8.5″ x 11}
Then,  turn on the registration marks in the Registration Marks window.
Next, ungroup the shape. You’ll notice that everything you see in white will be grouped together,  and the background shape is another group.
With the background group selected, open the fill color window and select a color.
Voila! Now you are all set to print and cut your custom colored pantry labels…
Shape:
Font:
HoeDown

*containers are from Martha Stewart available at Macy’s

34 thoughts on “Printable Pantry Labels

1. Unknown says:

Beautiful! I notice there’s a blank label, but they dont mention the font used to make everything match! Does anyone know?

1. Unknown says:

LOL I was distracted by all the pretty pics, I didnt read the font.. sorry :)

2. Amber says:

it says at the end of the post…

3. The Tanks says:

If I follow the directions to recolor the labels, it colors the entire label so that the writing no longer shows. How do I avoid this problem?

After ungrouping the shape, click off of it and then select just the background group. {I found it easy to select only the backgrounds by clicking on the inside of the blank label} Then, click on your color of choice. Hope this helps :)

2. The Tanks says:

Hmm…still can’t make it work.

3. If you colored group has moved to the front, have it selected and press Control (or Command) and the left bracket key ([) to move it backwards and hopefully eventually the white letters will show up on top.

4. Love this! Thanks for the shape!

Any idea when the sticker paper will be available in the store?

5. Gina says:

I like the containers used. Anyone know their source? Redoing my pantry soon.

Hi Gina! The containers are from Martha Stewart available at Macy’s :)

6. Phyllis says:

Martha Stewart from Macy’s

7. Cindi says:

The post says they are from Martha Stewart at Macy’s

8. Bobbi says:

What font did you use for ‘brown’ on the brown sugar label?

9. Karin says:

Can you change te names on the labels? And is this all possible with the free software?

Thanks.
    Karin

1. Karin, you can type your own labels in whatever font and words you like. Just use your text tool and delete the original word layers. Absolutely possible on the free version of Studio.

10. Thanks for the freebie! Do you know if this label paper will resist wet splashes, or are they bound to get blotchy pretty quickly with use?

11. Jodie says:

Ok. I got the color changed! Yay!!! Now, how do I get the swirly thing on to the blank label?

YAY! :) Click on the swirl and then ungroup…then you’ll be able to move them as well as the words.

2. Jodie says:

Thanks Jeana!

12. Brittany says:

The HoeDown font does not appear anywhere on my software. Is it only with the upgraded version? Also, is there anyway to select the words (pasta, rice etc…. ) and change them? Thanks!

Hi Brittany, the software uses the fonts that are installed on your computer. So, if you do a quick google search for the hoedown font and download it to your computer, the next time you start Silhouette Studio it should be available with the rest of your fonts. :)

2. Brittany says:

Thank you Jeana!

13. jintyoo7 says:

Brilliant – just what I need :) Great comments too! Thank you!!

14. Megan says:

I too was wondering about the font used for “brown” in Brown Sugar.

thanks!!

Hi Megan, The font is “Jenna Sue”

2. Megan says:

Thank you Thank you!!!

15. I am having trouble. This was my first time here and I downloaded the software that it prompted me to download. Everything went accordingly and when it was done the page was blank, so I came back to the website and chose to “retrieve” my labels, and still NOTHING, no labels. I am not sure what has happened. HELP!!!!

Hi Lindsey, if you haven’t been able to retrieve the labels, contact customer support at support@silhouetteamerica.com they’d be happy to help :)

16. Julie Bird says:

I am trying to change to text in the labels so I can label everything in my pantry/kitchen. I am a first-time Silhouette user and I am trying to follow the instructions given above (Karin, you can type your own labels in whatever font and words you like. Just use your text tool and delete the original word layers. Absolutely possible on the free version of Studio.), but when I click on the word it won’t let me modify the text. Any help would be appreciated.

Hi Julie,

The text is actually part of the printable shape so it isn’t editable. If you’d like to type something different you’ll use the text tool on the blank label and type whatever you’d like using the fonts on your computer. If you want them to match the other labels, the font “hoedown” will match. Hope this helps :)

2. Megan says:

Jeana, could you share the font you used for “brown” in brown sugar? I have the hoedown font for sugar, but not the upper font
      Thanks!

3. The brown font is Jenna Sue.