FREE Shape of the Week…

This week’s free shape is one of my absolute favorites! Since yesterday’s mobile was feminine,  I figured  I’d share a more masculine one today.

I’m in L.O.V.E with this little plane! This is a photo clip mobile that’s easily transformed into a whimsical baby mobile using this week’s free shape and 3-d cloud from the online store. Besides being used for  a mobile, I could see this shape used as is for simple entertainment for your little one… or shrunk down a bit and put it on the front of a card. Or… how fun would these be extra large and hanging from the ceiling at a birthday party? Hmmm as cute cupcake toppers too!

I’d love to see what YOU create with this week’s shape… send me an email if you feel like sharing.

3d_cloud_C01896_17986

*Photo clip mobile is from Kikkerland Design Inc. where you can either purchase it online directly from them, or go to their “find a store” link to see if there’s a store near you that carries them. I found mine at the BYU Museum of Art store.

23 thoughts on “FREE Shape of the Week…

1. m.otoole says:

Where is the metal mobile part from?

Great question! I’ll have to go back and add that to the bottom of my post. It is made by kikkerland Design Inc. I looked them up online and found a local store that carries them. {BYU museum of art store} but they can also be purchased online if there isn’t a store near you. :) http://www.kikkerland.com/products/mobile-photo-clip/

2. Chrissy says:

This would be enough for me to purchase a Silhouette! I think I may start saving my pennies. This is just too adorable!

3. I love this! Any idea where one could buy the mobile kit?

4. Erika says:

I do not have kids yet, but this is awesome, can’t wait to have my babies and if it’s a boy organized a birthday party with these airplanes and clouds, it is so beautiful. Thank you for sharing.

5. This is gorgeous! Love it!!!

6. Unknown says:

Yay… Thanks sil gang…

7. Peggy says:

This is so incredibly awesome! My boys at 13, 16, & 18 are too old for mobiles but this is still awesome! The youngest is into paper airplane mode again so I know he would enjoy this! Thank you so very much!!!!

8. Wow how amazing~ ! I love this blog !

9. LE says:

IKEA also has the metal “mobile” part, it’s a picture mobile and runs about $10 (at least it did 6 months ago when I used one for my daughters mobile).

10. angela says:

Thank you! My son loves using the silhouette machine (with my help), and will be so excited to make this!

11. Super cute! Thanks for the great freebie, and the great idea!

12. Too amazing for words! Love the patterns

13. ConnieC says:

That hanger is available on Amazon. I just ordered one to use in my baby’s room. I just started the nursery.

14. What material are these planes cut from? It looks like scrapbook paper but they seem to be holding up well.

They are cut from scrapbook paper that has a similar weight to cardstock. To make them a bit more sturdy, I mirrored the shapes in Silhouette Studio and cut out two pieces of each then adhered them together.

Thanks for the comment :) Have a great day!

15. KAT says:

i love these planes. i’m expecting a grandchild this november, but i don’t know if it’s a boy or girl. a plane mobile would be perfect for a boy.

Thank you… and congratulations on the new grandbaby! :)

16. Carrie says:

Making one for my son today! Love my silhouette!!

17. Emily says:

Thanks for the inspiration. I just made one of these for my friend and her new son! http://homemadelovely.blogspot.com/2012/06/airplane-mobile.html

That turned out adorable and matches the wall color perfectly! :)