DIY Wedding Invitations

This week some of the Silhouette gang is off to New York for a stationary show. Paper and New York City… sounds lovely to me! It’s been fun to make some of the projects for the show, like this wedding invitation set…

I designed them in Adobe Illustrator, then imported them into Silhouette Studio for cutting. {great tutorial for that here} Using another design program isn’t necessary though, you can also create your print and cut designs right in the software following this tutorial. There’s loads of potential for uniquely shaped invites, envelopes, thank you cards and save the date reminders.
Have a great Wednesday!

baronial_envelope_with_liner_C00035_41853
treat_box_C03090_1

14 thoughts on “DIY Wedding Invitations

1. TLPTC|Kids says:

Gorgeous invites! I also use Adobe Illustrator, but I didn’t know that you can import files to Silhouette studio. Mind if you tell us how? Thanks :-)

1. didiita says:

Yes! I would love to know as well! *Please*

Thank you!! :) Lindsey just created a video tutorial on how to import your own designs… you can find it here http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a47Fk9n402Q

Have a great day!

2. Jeana
    This is a really great grouping to show off so many of Silhouettes capabilities! You’ve done and amazing job. LOVE!!! Good Luck at the show!!!
    ~Traci

Thanks Traci! :)

3. Lindsay says:

These are FANTASTIC!!! What phenomenal design work! Well done my dear, well done!

4. Hey nice blog and the wedding invitations are very beautiful.

5. tings says:

Thank you so much for the tutorial!!

6. How lovely and refreshing. They are very pretty.

7. kelly13615 says:

would love to see your booth and what you are showing at the NSS – I usually go but cant this year – can we learn through a virtual show here maybe : )

8. Carissa says:

I know that you can open a jpg and turn it into cut. I also have fun downloading fonts from fontspace.com and have some great shadows of marvel super heros. My question is can you export finish silhouette projects to different software or save as picture. The readon I ask is that I have bernina sewing machine software for embroidery and would like to use the silhouette to cut out my applique pieces.

1. Jeana G says:

Hi Carissa,

You can only save work in Silhouette studio as a .studio file. If you want a .jpg image you would have to do a screen shot.

9. kelly says:

I’m just wondering, for the invite are you first printing it out using your regular printer than using your silhouette or is it created with the sketch pens? Thanks

1. Jeana G says:

I printed these on my printer and cut them out with the Silhouette, but you can do it either way. :)