DIY Canvas wall art

Over the weekend, my friend and I were talking and she mentioned that though her house is decorated, there isn’t one room that she feels is completely finished. {her house is uber cute mind you} But, I get it… sometimes with work, or family things going on there just isn’t a lot of time to do every project we find on Pinterest. *smile* That is when a simple quick project comes in handy, the type that makes a statement, but doesn’t take a century to make. Today’s project can be made in 4 easy steps.

Step one… cut out vinyl letters with your Silhouette
Step two… adhere vinyl letters to canvas using premium transfer paper
Step three… spray paint
Step four… wait for paint to dry and remove vinyl
Step five… hang on the wall and enjoy the new pop of color in your room

Ok, so maybe it was 5 steps ;) Have a fantastic Monday everyone!

18 thoughts on “DIY Canvas wall art

1. Jamie says:

This is fabulous!

2. Unknown says:

Ohhhh sooo cute!!! Well done Jeana.

3. flygeah says:

Love this! I may need to do this in my baby girls room.

4. Louise says:

This is fab, thank you for sharing x

5. Melinda says:

Oh wow! This is great, just what’s missing in my girls’ room! Thanks for sharing!

6. Mrs. Breier says:

May I ask what the name of the font your used for this project is? Thanks so much!

7. Malissa says:

This is a great idea! I just recently had some photos printed of my dogs (kids) on the canvas at Walmart. I was going to just block them all together to form a larger “photo” on the wall. I am going to try this, and match the color with their color and write out the names of each! Will be perfect for the wall I have in mind!

8. stampsinblue says:

Great idea! Can you share what font was used in the sample? I love it!

9. Kari says:

Great project! I’m a newbie to the silhouette, just got mine on Friday :) I bought black and white adhesive vinyl, but on all the projects I see transfer paper, which I don’t see in the store. Do I need it with adhesive vinyl? Where do I buy it? Or could I just use freezer or wax paper that I have at home? Thanks for your help and all the great tutorials.

Kari

Hi Kari…that is exciting! Have you made your first project?
      Transfer paper is definitely helpful when working with vinyl! you can purchase some here… http://silhouetteamerica.com/vinyl.aspx. Also, here are a couple of tutorials to get you started if you want to check them out….

Hope this helps :) Have a great day!

10. Love the idea!Let us smile all the way to come up with great ideas and create new arts.Am going to do that using Epson paper.

11. Nhalia says:

I love this! I’m wondering how big the canvases are that you used? I want to use this idea in my daughters room!

Hi Nhalia. These are 12 x 12 canvases. Have fun!! :)

12. Meredith says:

I love this idea … so easy, effective and also versatile!! Need to crack open my Vinyl starter kit :-)

13. I have wanted to make a dachshund stretched onto 2 canvases…this is exactly what I needed!

14. Ellie4Dyce says:

I tried this but the vinyl won’t stick to the canvas. Any suggestions…