Cake Bunting, Giftwrap & Confetti

This week’s shape can be used for so many different things! I used the shape in 4 different sizes to create cake bunting, a fun alternative to a bow on a gift box and then I removed the dashed line in the middle and made the craft paper mat under the cake and scalloped confetti. Yup, even at confetti size it’s still scalloped! :)
To assemble your scalloped globe, fold all of the shapes in half on the perforated line with the pattern you want to show facing the inside. Put adhesive on one side of the first shape.
Place the 2nd  shape directly on top of it, being sure to line up the edges. Repeat this step until you have all of your shapes adhered in a stack. Then put adhesive on the top and bottom of the stack and fan it out. If you are making a bunting, place your twine in the middle before closing the shape. If you are using it for the gift bow, keep it fanned and adhere either side to the top of your box.

Enjoy your fun free shape and have a great Tuesday!! :)

Shape:

scalloped_globe_garland_C03098_1

13 thoughts on “Cake Bunting, Giftwrap & Confetti

1. Sherry says:

Thanks to Tatertots & Jello site, I am really excited about possibly getting one of these!! Love all the inspirations!

2. Kat says:

I really like that as a bow for a package it’s very cute. Thanks for the free shape.

3. Jami says:

I’m visiting from Tater Tots and Jello. Love this shape!

4. Very fun. Thanks for the freebie!

5. I love it! one day I will have a silhouette! And my home will be so much better! :-)

6. Karen says:

Always love to get a free shape. This one is super fun. Lots of possiblities.
    Thank you!

7. I just gotta say, I think the poem in the Silhouette Newsletter announcing the Easter shape sale is pretty cute! Please pass this on to whoever wrote it. :)

8. Ellen says:

Cool! I would love to win the Silhouette so I could use this free shape!

9. Love this freebie and can’t wait for my new Silhouette Cameo to arrive this week. My sweet friend bought one for me and one for her. :)

10. JenMarie says:

OMGoodness, how FUN is this!!

11. Paula Gale says:

I had last weeks shape in my cart, but didn’t check out because my programme kept telling me it’s ‘not responding’. I’ve just refreshed and tried my cart again and the ‘free’ shape had gone up to $0.99 – I feel a bit cheated now :O( Don’t know why it wouldn’t respond, it’s not like my laptop is old, i’ve not had it a year. Hey ho!

I am grateful for all the free shapes (when I manage to get them), but it just appears to be a scalloped circle that you basically score and fold in half – I have Spellbinders for this and made these at Christmas.

Paula.

12. Unknown says:

Hi Paula,
    The advantage to the silhouette cutting this shape over your spellbinders dies is that you can cut multiples at one time. It’s actually quite a time saver. I just set it up and then I can throw a load of laundry in or take a call while my silhoette is cutting. It’s great for multi-tasking. The manual die cutters are nice to have on hand for one or two quick cuts, but for those like me that make ten or more of each item, the sil is a better choice… I’m not sure about your laptop not responding to the online store. Sometimes it is your server that is causing the problem.