Vinyl Window Decal

Hi! My name is Linda and I’m a craft addict. After a small intervention from the hubs, I started a craft blog called, Craftaholics Anonymous. I’m so excited to be here on Silhouette’s awesome blog to share a project I recently did with my CAMEO. I find myself pulling out my CAMEO all the time. LOVE it! And I’m ecstatic about the new larger cutting mat that’s coming out soon. It’s going to be amazing!!{psst….yesterday was my birthday and to celebrate, I’m giving away a Silhouette CAMEO
run over and enter}

I love to repurpose items. Especially windows and doors. They are just too fun to play with and you can get them for cheap at the Habitat For Humanity Restore, thrift stores, or even Antique stores.
This old window is in my entry way and let me tell you, the hooks are so handy! I thought my 2 boys would be the only ones to use it, but I’ll admit, my coat and scarf frequent those hooks all the time! Its so convenient to have all the coats in one place when I’m headed out the door with 2 small boys in tow.

I personalized the window by cutting out vinyl with my CAMEO and added the monogram G for Gardner {who doesn’t love a good monogram?} and then “hats, caps, coats, cloaks” along the bottom so visitors would know they could hang their coats and what nots on there. Everyone loves it!
{other projects pictured above: Upholstered bench made from a desk and whimsical wood frame

I love personalizing all kinds of things with vinyl. Its easy to use and takes something boring and makes it fabulous….kinda like this window :)
I designed the monogram myself in the Silhouette Studio software. The font for the G is My Own Topher and then I created 2 circles with the basic shape tools.

I used the font Smiley Monkey for “hats, caps, coats, cloaks” and then circles from the basic shape tool.
Thank you to Silhouette for having me over to play today!! I love sharing how I make my crafts.

I hope you’ll stop by Craftaholics Anonymous and say hi!
My Birthday Bash is going on right now and like I said, I’m giving away a CAMEO!
happy crafting!
linda

15 thoughts on “Vinyl Window Decal

1. Mrs. Miles says:

Hi Linda,

Very cool craft ideas, sheesh, as if I did not have enough spilling out of my brains haha. I’ve entered your contest several places and if … ahem I will be intentional and say WHEN I win a Cameo I too will create something unique and wonderful. Thanks for the opportunity.

2. marcy says:

Hello Linda,
    What a warm welcoming into your home… Thanks for sharing… I’m off to your blog! See you there!

3. Debbie W says:

Linda, thanks for sharing this really cool idea. I need this in my house. I just need to hunt for an old window.

4. Marianne says:

Great window project, it looks fabulous. Happy belated birthday!

5. Nelda says:

Love this! Would you mind sharing where you purchased or obtained the “Smiley Monkey” font? TIA! (I did a Goggle search but could not find it.)

1. Nelda,
      You can find it on KevinandAmanda.com. You can download it for free there :)
      happy crafting,
      linda

6. Rhadonda says:

I searched on Kevin and Amanda and the correct font title is Smiley Monster. Hope you found it. Great project and awesome talent!

1. You are correct! I was mistaken. It is Smiley Monster. Sorry for the confusion!
      happy crafting,
      linda

7. Giana says:

Do you put your vinyl on the front of the window or cut it in reverse so it can be placed on the back? Thanks, I love your blog and entered to win the Cameo, my fingers are crossed!

1. Hi Giana, I put the vinyl on the front.
      happy crafting!
      linda

8. Scrapthat says:

Love your coat hook window frame!!
    Thanks for sharing the name on the cute font too! :D

9. That coat hanger is awesome!! Really love it. Looking forward to more cool creative ideas from your blog.

1. thank you!! :)
      happy crafting,
      linda

10. cricaholic says:

VERY VERY NICE!! LOVE this idea!!! TFS
    and WELCOME!! you had my attention at craftaholics anonymous…LOL that’s me!
    excuse me…while I go check out those links..

11. Love this project. I am on the hunt for an old window so I can make something similar. Thanks so much.