Hi Silhouette fans my name is Beckie and I am a tri-blogger at:
Today I thought I would show you a personalized project that you can make for a new mom. It is an adorable birth announcement pillow that I found at Uncommon Goods. With the Silhouette Cameo machine this project is so easy.
sewing machine with coordinating thread
fabric (I chose canvas)
12” x 12” pillow insert
1. I started out in my Silhouette studio program designing the words for the pillow. I used Arial and Arial Black for my font.
2. Next I cut out the vinyl with my Silhouette studio program and used the hook to remove all the letters from the backing. Then with fabric transfer tape I transferred the vinyl onto a 13” x 13” piece of fabric and burnished it down so I wouldn’t have any paint leakage.
3. Then I painted the fabric ink onto the letters. I let it dry for about 5 minutes and then put another coat on. When using light ink on darker fabric I always do two coats.
4. When it was dry I pulled all the vinyl off of the fabric. Then using a press cloth I ironed it to set the ink.
5. I cut two more pieces of my fabric to 9” x 13”. I pressed under the long edge 1/4” and then 1/2” and then sewed it down. I did that to both pieces.
6. Then I laid my painted fabric face up and laid the two other pieces overlapping on top of that (right side facing the painted fabric). Then I pinned it all in place.
7. Then I sewed all the way around the edge using a 3/8” seam. I clipped the corners and turned it right side out. Then I slipped your 12” x 12” pillow form inside.
For more ideas using your Silhouette to make pillows click here and check out my pillow collection.
Here is one I just put out today for the rest of the month since President’s Day is next week. Check out the penny button details!