Valentine Treat Box

Happy Valentine’s Day! How about a free shape to start your day? This week’s shape brought back memories of my elementary school days. Tasty frozen juice pops used to come in a package just like this one. Anyone else remember those? Well, yesterday a frozen juice box…today, the perfect last minute Valentine’s treat box.

Assembly went something like this…

I added adhesive to one straight edge and adhered it to the other straight edge creating a tube.

Then, I pinched one side together {making sure to line up the scallops} and stitched along that edge. A fairly strong adhesive would work as well if you don’t feel like sewing. This is also the point where you’ll want to fill it with treats. I’m going to be honest and say I was a little distracted by the cute factor and FORGOT that step on my first one. ooops!

Next, I pinched together the other side in the opposite direction and stitched it closed.

Besides Valentine’s goodies, I’m dreamin’ up other things I could use this for… filled with confetti and a note for a birthday or to throw in as a treat for a school lunch, or a party favor at a bridal or baby shower. Great thing is, once you download the shape, it’s yours to use again and again.

Have a heart filled day! :)

treat_box_C03090_1
circle_hearts_C00057_71530

23 thoughts on “Valentine Treat Box

stitched? With a sewing machine or by hand? I’ve never heard of sewing paper with a machine but the pic looks like machine stitches…

Hi Anonymous :) It is machine stitched. The sewing machine works great with paper. If you sew often I’d just recommend having a different needle for sewing on paper.

Have a great day!

2. Sara says:

you can definitely stitch paper with a machine just make sure to use a different needle than what you use on fabric, it dulls it quicker.

3. Christy says:

Where do you get your pretty papers? I am new to the Sihouette.

Hi Christy! Pretty paper is one of my weaknesses. When I see it I have to buy it. :) Some of my favorite places for the latest and greatest are Archivers, and Pebbles In My Pocket. This paper specifically is part of October Afternoon’s new line called “Cakewalk”.

Thanks for commenting! Have a great day!

4. Marcy says:

Very cute Jeana… Love those freebies!!!

5. Um I love these. How fun! I will have to make up a few of these. They would be handy in my primary class at some point, I’m sure!

6. yc says:

really cute! love the paper and the stitching! can you share what paper line that is and what your favorite adhesive is? thanks!!!

Thanks! The super cute paper is from October Afternoon. It is one of their brand new lines called “Cakewalk”. As for adhesive, because I was stitching the ends closed, I used Tombow. If you want to skip the stitching and just glue them together, I really like ‘Liquid Glass’ from Close To My Heart. You don’t have to use much, it does take a couple minutes to dry, but once it does you don’t have to worry about it coming apart. Love the stuff! :)

7. Such an adorable project! :D

8. Sasha says:

I love to make 3D paper crafts on my brilliant Cameo. So this will be just perfect….Thank you!

9. SimplySydne says:

I’m new to Silhouette and just downloaded this free shape. When I opened the file, there are two shapes – one with the holes and one without. Is it just a preference thing and you choose which one you want? Or is there another purpose? Thanks for the freebie! It’s darling!

Welcome… I’m glad you stopped by! :) Great question. Both of the shapes are there just for options. {love options!} To create the project you’ll just need to cut one of them.

10. Kris Coplan says:

I did the same thing but instead of sewing it I put double sided tape in and crimped it closed.

11. Laura says:

This is great, I love the freebies and this one has been demonstrated beautifully.

12. This is way cute! I can totally see why/how you forgot to fill the first one with treats! You sew this with a sewing machine?! Sometimes all the things I see make me so overwhelmed with my simplicity ;)

13. DUH…just saw another user commented on the machine stitching. Nevermind my previous question ;)

14. Love this! Super cute! Thanks for sharing!

15. Elizabeth says:

I’ve used these as an advent calendar. Where you have the heart, I put numbers that were printed and cut out in circles then stuck on with that 3-d sticker stuff. Then I used a small punch on the sealed part and strung them on twine. They hung like garland and we just cut off the bottom of one to get the treat each day. I’ve also used them as place markers at a dinner party and filled a basket with them to leave by the door for people that stop in to bring us treats during the Holidays. I’ve even made a big one to wrap a present. Flexible, easy and cute.

I LOVE the advent calendar idea. Thanks for sharing! :)

16. Mimi Meltzer says:

I just got the Silhouette cameo and am so confused. How do I set up an account so I can purchase items?

1. Jeana Goodwin says:

Hi Mimi,
      Are you looking to purchase shapes, or materials to cut?