Tutorials: How to cut gorgeous edges on your 12" paper.

One of the most exciting reasons for having a 12″ machine is the ability to cut any edge you want on your 12″ papers.  We are so happy to be able to cut edge to edge, so I thought I would do a tutorial to show you how easy it is.

I started with my bracket shape.  I ungrouped and deleted the interior of the bracket so I could make it go edge to edge without that little border.

Next I combined a few of the brackets together so I could create a little different bracket shape.  Then i selected them all and welded them together.

My final step was to drag my corner controls so that the tips of the shape were just touching the red margins lines on my artboard.  The red margin lines allow you to keep within the cutting area as determined on your cutting mat.    Its that simple take a look!

You can see that my paper is lined up on the cutting mat.

Now you can see that it went all the way to the edge and still kept every little point just perfect!

To create this layout you will need these shapes:

frame_fancy_1959
 3_flower_borders_C00194_24282
you_make_me_happy_C01195_19547
artisan_frame_-_square_C00777_21585

16 thoughts on “Tutorials: How to cut gorgeous edges on your 12" paper.

1. Neat! Thanks for sharing!

2. Patty says:

love it! I have a quick question… is there a way to back up all my library designs (including the ones I purchased) in case my computer breaks? Thanks :)

3. Just a quick note to let you know that a link to this post will be placed on CraftCrave in the Cutting category today [08 Nov 02:00am GMT]. Thanks, Maria

4. miki says:

Very cool! I can’t wait to save up for a Cameo, even though I love my SD. I did my whole wedding with it, practically!

5. cricaholic says:

TOTALLY NEAT!! Santa is bringing me a cameo and I can hardly wait!! TFS

6. Grice says:

Hi Traci, Very Good your tutorial. I loved it. Thank you!!
    XOXO
    Grice

Love it! I was searching the Silhouette store for the “You make me happy…” phrase and can’t find it. Is it current? Thanks.

8. LWal says:

WOW this is totally neat!!

9. Marcy says:

Hello anonymous… If you click on the shape link at the end of Traci’s post it will take you directly to that shape in the store.

Nice page Traci…

10. Windie says:

I just got my Cameo and have a question about lining up the mat – it seems i haven’t quite got the hang of it. Could maybe explain the marks on the base & show (close up) exactly where to line up the cutting mat?
    thanks! I’m loving the Cameo so far! there are so many ideas running through my head to create

Marcy–Thank you so much (don’t know why I didn’t think of that).

I’m so excited to have my new Cameo. I’d had a Cricut but fell in love with all the designs I saw from the Silhouette Store, and all I read were wonderful reviews for the Silhouette.

I held out hope they would come out with a 12″ machine, and was so excited when the Cameo was announced.

I’ve been nothing but thrill with my machine ever since I got it!

12. Traci says:

Windie…you simply need to keep your 12″ paper within the black square on your mat. If your machine is cutting outside the marks acouple things are possible.

1. Make sure you are loading it with the “Load cutting mat” setting on your CAMEO lcd screen.
    2. If you have already done that and it is still cutting in the wrong place, you may need to calibrate the machine. You can contact support for help on this matter. email them: support@silhoeutteamerica.com

13. Miae says:

I love my SD but I’m soooo tempted to get a cameo for this reason!

14. I love my Cameo and love how perfectly the image on the screen matches up to my large cutting mat. I love cutting full edge-to-edge shapes like this and also small scraps because I know exactly where they’re going to cut.

15. Diane says:

Can you put this shape in the Silhouette store so we can purchase it pre-made?

16. Jan says:

Hi there I am going to be receiving my Cameo die cutting machine on Christmas day and am so excited. Have been looking around at blogs for help and inspiration and found yours. Thank you for showing how to use this fantastic machine and being there if needed